Best Tanker Co in SoCal?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by JayRod, Jul 23, 2016.

1. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Cmac is probably better anyway. And cmac does a lot of costco, the easiest stations! Tons of room and helpful attendants.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    So let get this right, have you been driving for Gardner for 1 1/2 years or have you driven for 1 1/2 years period ? What did you do a Gardner, flatbed, doubles, doorslammer ? Did they pay you percentage, hourly, or per mile ?

4. JayRod

JayRod Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    1.5 years TOTAL. WITH Gardner I did some Flatbed, was doing Double Flats for a bit (didn't get paid #### for the work you put in) and now I'm just Vans. I'm hourly right now.

5. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I know someone personally that gave his two week notice due to the same issues your going thru. And he has about the same time experience you have. Before his two weeks came up, they offered him and almost match where his new job was going to be. To say the least, he is happy. Talk to the recruiter JT or JP I think his name is. I would stick out at Gardner at least until you reach 2 yrs exp. If your a valuable driver to them, you will be surprised what they will do to keep you around. They just don't want all the drivers to know. Good luck

6. JayRod

JayRod Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Haha bro, I've seen it myself. Drivers threatening to leave, and end up staying because Gardner caved in to them. I like this company because the work is there, and to be honest it's not all that bad. I just hate that there is no incentive to work toward. The one thing we did have (safety bonus 2x a month) is not gone. And raises?? Forget it. There's guys that have been here 5+ years and making what I make or less. You are right though, maybe I just tried jumping into the gas game too early. I will have a talk with JP though and see what we can work out. Thanks man.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  7. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Don't worry about it you will find a spot

8. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    SoCal needs a lot of class A- x drivers right now.

9. JayRod

JayRod Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Doesn't seem like it lol. Cox said "we're going with a different candidate" and Just recently PTL decided to kick me to the curb too. I interviewed with CMAC Tuesday and supposedly got the green light but needs insurance to approve. Should have an answer by Friday/Monday. Everyone else (Superior, KAG, MJ, etc) haven't even called.

10. dclerici1

dclerici1 Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2012
    MISSOURI
    If you want to work for them then YOU do the calling, and calling, and calling.......!

11. JayRod

JayRod Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    I did... And email after email after email. Well guys today it finally paid off. Cox called me today to schedule a second interview Tuesday at 1230. He said the reason they rejected me was because at the time I applied I literally just completed my first year of experience, plus I had a license suspension that was a little too recent for them. But says he talked to dept heads this time and they said I shouldn't have a problem this time around. Guess we'll see come Tuesday.

Cali kid and dclerici1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.