Better windshield washer wizzer on prostar??

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by slw206, Apr 22, 2016.

1. slw206

slw206 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Butler, Pa
    I have a 2016 prostar. For some reason the windshield washer wizzer only seem to apply fluid to the lower half of the windshield. This leads to the upper half constantly streaked and dirty. Is there a way to improve this? I have good wipers and rainx my windshield often. Just can't ever get the upper half of the wiper coverage area to get some spray. Can modify or replace if needed. Hopefully something easy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    I just take the emitters off. Get a little speed and the hoses will drench your windshield.

slw206 Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Slide the nozzle up the arm a bit, and unclip it some so it is at an angle. Unless the rubber hose has been replaced, there is some extra length to allow some adjustment.

I had the same problem with my Century Class Freightliners, and with my 579 Pete. Most the new aerodynamic trucks out today have similar problems. It seems that my passenger side mirror gets more washer fluid on it than some parts of my windshield.

91B20H8 and Alberta trucker Thank this.
  5. Alberta trucker

Alberta trucker Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Leduc, Alberta
    I have the same issue with my 2016 international 7600, it's a pain but I am doing as supersnackbar said, basically Fidel with it until happy.

6. banders77

banders77 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    take the nozzles off and use air nozzle to blow in each hole, problem solved

7. peterd

peterd Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2012
    St.Catharines ON
    You can get nozzles from a Volvo and replace the Prostar nozzles. The Volvo nozzles have adjustable outlets.

earnies2 and Alberta trucker Thank this.
  8. slw206

slw206 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Butler, Pa
    I tried sliding the emitters as far as they can go and it did nothing. So I just pulled the hoses off and BINGO. Works great. Literally floods the windshield. Fluid is free so this works for me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.