Beware Hauling Eggs

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by muchostrange, Nov 24, 2015.

1. muchostrange

muchostrange Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    For four weeks in a row hauled good paying loads of eggs from northern Iowa to east Texas. Because of bird flue virus had to get trailer washed out and after crossing Texas state line had to get outside of trailer washed which was reimbursed by broker. On arrival at chicken farm they sprayed tires with a sanitizing solution. On the fifth week on arrival at chicken farm they required me to drive thru a newly built spray booth which sprayed sanitizing solution all over my truck and trailer, bumper to bumper and top to bottom. After two truck and trailer washes you can still see signs of where solution was sprayed on my truck and trailer. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to ask if your truck and trailer will be sprayed at destination before you accept the load.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Gotta run through that crap at some chicken feed mills too. I ummm go real fast so it starts spraying after I'm through. Haha. Ummm I mean I let it completely disinfect my truck.

4. muchostrange

muchostrange Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Wish I would of thought of that. Nice job!

5. damil

damil Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Hog mills and farms do the same thing...takes citric to get it off. I actually think it ate some of my tires or reacted with the rubber or they were just crappy tires lol

6. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Slightly off-topic, but relevant: don't fall asleep at an egg farm with your windows cracked even an inch. I woke up an hour later with dozens of flies in the truck that took all week to kill. Awful situation.

7. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    The Struggle is real!

Al. Roper, Sneakerfix and tucker Thank this.
  8. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    They discontinued the spraying disinfectant on the tires at our local egg producer. Said bird flu was over....

9. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I loaded at a place called HogSlat LLC in Newton Grove, NC recently. Had to get tires sprayed. Walk over a blue mat with disinfectant, and wear disposable boot covers. This was a manufacturer of new products used in hog confinement barns. No hogs anywhere around there. They said it was to stop the spread of P.E.D. from farm to farm through thier plant by trucks that load there often. Never had that happen at a manufacturing plant.

10. Night_driver

Night_driver Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Just got loaded with eggs at Trillium Farms in Ohio, and was told to keep it at 38, on either Cycle or Continious mode. They said temp should be between 36 and 45, so I have it on Cycle. The temperature slowly keeps going up when reefer motor goes off even though it's 25 outside. Shouldn't it be going down? They were loaded 7 hours ago. I will switch to Continious before going to sleep.

11. rogueunh

rogueunh Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2011
    If Trilliums cooler was at 45, makes sense it will keep going up. Takes a while to cool 300,000 eggs lol.

Dominick253 and Night_driver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.