Beware Lct Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by USISISUNCONSTITUTIONAL, Apr 8, 2008.

DO YOU THINK TRUCKERS SHOULD BE PAID DETENTION

1. *

FROM THE TIME THEY ARRIVE PER HOUR

57.9%
  2. *

AFTER THE FIRST 2 HRS

40.0%
  3. *

AFTER THE FIRST 3 HRS

2.8%
  4. *

NOT AT ALL

1.4%
  1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Isn't LCT affilated with Gainey Transportation?If so as an ex Gainey driver ,I too had payroll issues I filed a suit against MrGainey for charging me with his trk repair and not paying me my final check.I don't know if you heard this but Mr.Gainey filed chapter 11 because he owes $248 million in loans.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big_Al

Big_Al Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Out of my mind
    That's why they call it Last Chance Trucking. The reason they give you a "chance" if you have something bad on your DAC has nothing to do with christian charity. It is because they pay crap wages, so they know they are not gonna get the good drivers.

Their website says starting pay is .30 a mile. What experienced professional driver would work for that kind of money? If you pay those kind of wages well, as they say, you get what you pay for. Then throw in the per diem scam. They got 'em lined up at LCT.

4. firstgear

firstgear Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    x 2....:biggrin_25512:

5. Hyper

Hyper Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Kingwood, Tx
    This is my very first post. I came down to the states from Alaska in 1999. I applied at LCT and was hired Jan of 2000. My prior experience was all in Alaska, yet LCT gave me the keys to a brand new T2000 and set me loose. Did I like it? No. But I was treated fairly and was able to get home when needed. Danny was my dispatcher then. We worked together to get the most out of the truck. We both understood what it took to get that done. Again Danny was very fair. I did not like the 25+ stop flower loads. At all. I made decent money on them, but the stop schedule was setup without thought that a single driveer may be doing them. I did a lot of OJ loads, and I liked that. One pick, one drop.

Eventually, my HYPERactive driving style got me into trouble with the log lady and we all know the rest of that story. My first warning was my clue to find another ride. Danny hooked me up with great owner-op that ran a looser ship. Overall, LCT was good to me, gave me the "Lower 48" experience I needed to prepare me for the rest of my career. For that I am happy.

I hope this was usefull,

Hyper

NVCowboy and jtrnr1951 Thank this.
  6. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    And that is a bad thing..why again? You work for them, not the other way around. I mean if I gave a driver a 6 hour run and it took him 8, then I would also get a hold of him/her and ask what was the deal. Most companies track their loads either by qualcomm or other means that they have available to them. Afterall the only way that you can make money is if they do--SO why is tracking a bad thing? I would like to hear your answer on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
  7. shadowchaser647

shadowchaser647 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Soddy Daisy,tn
    Well as for Lorri I'm not sure you know them very well but they did me dirty on my D.A.C when I worked there and they have done alot of other drivers I know the same way so until your other half leaves you don't really know what you're talking about. So when you get tired of little 700-or 800 dollar paychecks and he leaves there then you can say something

8. Lorri

Lorri Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Galvaston, Texas
    I have to eat crow here... LCT turned out to really suck... what can I say, I am an optimist...
    He is still working there, but looking for a diffrent company, just not having any luck... he runs his butt off for them jerks and we barely make enough to pay our bills... He doesn't get home but once a month, no thanksgiving with us, and probably not christmas either cause they will keep him running thise local miami runs because he complained about his miles/verse pay again... they screw him left and right on tolls and scales, they expect the impossible on some runs, but they have forced dispatch so he can't refuse... and they have drug tested him 4 times this month??? He doesn't drink or do drugs...
    He has an accident on his dac from a while ago, that's why he went with LCT so he will stick with them a few more months, until he can find someone not so put off by him having that on it...
    anyhow, I had to come and take back anything positive I said...

9. BENNY DA BONE CRUSHER

BENNY DA BONE CRUSHER Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2009
    saint augustine ,florida
    :biggrin_25525: I was just trying to log on the LCT web site to check on my trip info and saw your posting below that was standing out. It looks like you have opened a can of worms. So before I get started I would like all to know that YES Gainey has filed Bankruptcy, but if you do your home work like some do, you will find out its called REORGANIZATION. This is for companies that want to stay in business and pay back all they owe. In the old school we call that PRIDE. Read your local paper or watch the news to see how many business's are NOT PAYING back what they owe.:biggrin_2555: WE ARE, YOU AND I ,ARE NOW PAYING what these companies owe every time we buy food, clothes, gas etc. FYI: your bank, auto loan, credit card company, house payment etc are in the same boat. Go to d&b.com and do your homework on any company you decide to work for.

Now to you trucker. You may have some points of interests, but in all fairness to LCT, its sounds like your beef is with the managers and the dispatchers, but yet you use LCT {THE COMPANY} as your whipping post. I myself have been in the trucking business since 1980 and have seen the GOOD, BAD AND UGLY. :biggrin_25516:

Have you ever sat in the chair of a dispatcher? 300+ drivers needing every thing from fuel stops to money. Clients calling in every 5 minutes asking, wheres my load of OJ, why's my driver late again? Next time you go to the window to pick up your trip ticket, look at the dispatcher, its looks like he/she is ready to fall over with a stroke. I did and they can have that job.:biggrin_2551: STRESS, STRESS AND MORE STRESS.

LCT's payroll department has two ladies that run it. (TWO) Now just think for a second, 300+ drivers turning in trip reports to get paid, plus all he office and maintenance personel, so lets round it off to 400+ people. That's just the Okahumpka,FL office. They also have two other locations that have 100+ more people on payroll. It sounds to me like ten people should be runnng payroll but due to the cut-backs, LCT decided to cut back on office and maintenence personel instead of drivers. Ever sat in their chair? I did for about 10 seconds, they can have that job too.:biggrin_2552:

Now lets get to the BIG BOSS'S, the upper management. Ever sat in their chair? I have not nor would I. I've watched from a distance and they can have that job too. Their job is like playing the stock market, one wrong move, you lose money, well here comes Mr.Gainey:biggrin_25510: down from the big office to personally fire you. I thought I had it bad out there driving a truck, WOW was I ever wrong. Now, I'm not saying your right or wrong, all I'm saying is, before you start judging a person, walk in their shoes.

I see you use the word GOD in your post, so I think to myself, here's a church going man so why would he judge these people at LCT??? What does your BIBLE say about judging another man???

I just started working for LCT 3 weeks ago, they "did not" promise me I would make millions, a new truck with all the goodies, a soft bed, home time when I wanted it, a co-driver that was perfect, or pizza, but I would of liked to have had the pizza instead of the subs.

THEY DID "TELL" ME THAT WHAT I PUT INTO THEIR COMPANY IS WHAT I WILL GET BACK AND THAT THEY ARE IN THE "REORGANIZATION STATUS" OF THEIR COMPANY. THIS MEANS LOTS OF MISTAKES ON EVEYONE'S PART. YES DRIVERS TOO!!:biggrin_25512: WE ALL KNOW WITH NEW PERSONEL COMES LOTS OF MISTAKES. LOTS! I THINK IT'S CALLED HUMAN NATURE. KEY WORD "HUMAN".

Now this is the 1st company that I have worked for that did'nt blow smoke up the 'ol poo shoo. Every person that I have meet at LCT has been honest. Telling me more bad than good, and what to expect. Now the drivers have another story. NO MILES, NO PAY, LAYOVERS , NO HOME TIME?? Well if your not getting miles, you should have lots of home time. Drivers that are doing all the bad mouthing are the drivers that get the scraps. You know who they are. I waved at the same driver pissing and moaning about how BAD LCT was to work for. I waved at him while I was now driving his old truck (now my new) heading to Oregon with his should have been load (now my load) a nice 6600 mile trip # 33.5 cents a mile. Do you think I should feel bad taking this load? Not NO, But "HELL NO". This was my 1st trip and when I got back from Oregon, my dispatcher gave me two days of home time to rest up for the next big adventure $$$.

The thing that hit's home with me at LCT, they call me by my first name not my truck number.

:biggrin_25510:So, sorry you had a bad experience working with LCT, but in the future, try walking in their shoes next time you feel like posting. Best of luck where ever you may land trucker. I have found a home with LCT and will now start growing roots.

:biggrin_255:To the staff at LCT, thanks for treating me like a human being and not a number. HATS OFF TO YOU ALL!!

TO ALL THE DRIVERS OUT THERE LOOKING FOR A HOME AND A FAMILY, .

NOW YOU TOO WILL START GROWING ROOTS!!!!:biggrin_25520:

DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND LOVE WHAT YOU DO.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER, BEHIND EVERY GOOD MAN STANDS HIS GREAT WOMAN.
    BRIAN C BURNHAM AKA
    BENNY DA BONE CRUSHER
    JUST MY THOUGHTS, NOTHING PERSONAL.:biggrin_2554:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
    cday1008 Thanks this.
  10. Big_Al

Big_Al Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Out of my mind
    Benny unfortunately you are part of the problem in trucking. You make excuses for everybody. They got it rough for this reason or that. That's not my problem and I don't want anyone to make it mine. If they don;t like their jobs, they need to get another one. Do you think that LCT dispatchers, payroll, etc. are the only ones that have problems?

Then you brag about about a 6600 mile trip at 33.5 cents a mile. You have been drving for 29 years (according to you) and you will work for peanut wages like that? Then brag about it. Why do you drive for someone who pays such #### wages? Do you have a bad driving record? If so, then I understand. Otherwise, why would you drive for such crappy wages?

11. squzdndmddl

squzdndmddl Bobtail Member

May 3, 2007
    LaPlace,La
    I don't understand the comment of the driver being or sounding ignorant, he was very passionate about how he felt, and as for Lori, maybe your husband is an go with the flow kind of person, cause from experience, that driver is right LCT was and still is all he said and that was really just a small portion of the constant bull the have with them. How would you like if the same person that lied to the companies GM when your were at the yard packing your belongs to leave said you threaten them had no proof and called the police on you, don't give you a bus ticket or a ride home, then not 2 weeks later he was fired for thieft and unscrupilous actions. Do you get an apology? No, instead they submitted to DAC that you quit under dispatch when you were at the yard turning in your truck, after you had delivered the last load. Then if you or anyone contacts them they will not respond they say we do not answer inquiries go to DAC. Beause they no that they are practicing illegal acts. Yes, they are part of Gainey and Gainey did file bankrupt. Oct 2008, and if Gainey is such a Christian company they really need to police the way LCT and Super Service are running things, because both are full of underhanded lies, theft and deciete. they want you to stay there and take 10 more yards of their s*** and like it and ask for more. If you don't well lets see if you get another job. Ha! I just thank God I was always smart enough to keep mad day money and have a family that cares enough to make sure I'm not stuck anywhere in this great USA and can't get home. First and farmost I mainly go home clean out the truck before returning it. NEVER GET SO MAD YOU QUIT ON THE ROAD.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.