BEWARE of CR England!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lbeck, Jun 2, 2012.

1. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    The problem is when people look at companies trying to decide where to start at, CR England looks good. If you ever worked at a company before, you know you are starting out at the bottom of the totem pole with your dispatcher, and you hope you will both do well together. The only problem is CRE has another agenda, if you decide to not train, they will starve you out. I know for a fact the miles were out there when my husband was working there, but you know when they cut your throat. You know if you have a co-driver when you are a lease operator and they wanted you to train, one week they would give you good miles and the next 2 or 3 weeks they wouldn't, I think 3200 miles for two qualified drivers in the summer is really low. He leased and could have made good money as solo if they did like they are supposed to. As far as I care, a newbie training a student is suicide. Husband had experience, but had left the market when it the market went south worse and worse in 2008. Companies forcing new drivers to train just because they find out they are going to go bankrupt is not the way to go or the place to work for. Companies who do not treat their drivers right are the ones who end up not being able to keep good trainers, they are only hurting themselves and their reputations in the longrun. And I think CRE has had a whole lot of serious wrecks to prove how bad this training program is.

Dewey120 and AfterShock Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uplander

uplander Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I I was at C.R.England, after p2 i went home for a month. then i got called for Georgia Pacific fleet .38 cpm. there is a number to call to get on waiting list for dedicated accounts, do that when you finish phase one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. uplander

Jan 9, 2014
    My phase one trainer was a black guy from africa. He made the lease work. He told me dedication, and sacrifice. He said it took him 10 years, i had a gf and she nagged me that i was never around, i dumped her ###. Its all about the money, nothing else matters. you want the money run the miles. He said he would "be nice" to his dispatchers by giving them money and wal mart gift cards, so that they would make sure he got good loads. if im on west coast i request east coast. if im on east coast i request west coast. he showed me his bank account. 250k in it. He said lease a truck, train, your paying that student $63.00 to run 600 miles. after you get a truck paid off in 2 years, put a team in it and get another truck. i now have a fleet of trucks, i could quit driving and never work another day in my life.

TeamDent Thanks this.
  5. habanerosoy

habanerosoy Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Killeen,TX
    OK. Im recently separated Veteran so I heard a lot from CRE and their training for veterans. I already had my CDL so I didnt have to make a commitment. The problem was that I did not have any experience. I talked to the recruiter and the offered me a better job money wise so I quit the job I had. I went to their refresher program and every time I had a question they would say, you will get it with your Trainer. They used to pay 64 dollars a day during Phase 1, now they just changed it in May. Now you get paid 9.25 every hour behind the wheel and your state minimum wage for on duty non driving. After I went to the training I had to wait for a trainer for almost 10 days spending money of course.I already knew this but I was expecting driving more hours with a better paycheck I cant event pay my rent with that kind of money. After been on the truck for almost 2 weeks driving from 8-10 hours a day, they largest paycheck I had it was like 350. Certainly, not what I was expecting. Some people said it was pretty good for training. Good or not, I couldn't afford to be working for that kind of money so I resigned and trainer dropped me off.My question is, would anyone else take me as student with better pay??? Im willing to pay my dues in this industry but I cant afford that kind of money. My trainer told me that he was getting pay 500 a week take home and thats why he had to do the Trainer Program. They start ppl off 25-26 cents per mile. Any advice or input?? Will they mess with my DAC report so bad that would make it difficult to find employment??

6. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    You're in Texas. Aren't oilfield jobs hoppin out there?

Schneider will take you if you're in their hiring area. They pay $80/day for 3 weeks of training. Only 1 week with a trainer. After that you'll be in your own truck.

7. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Go for the texas oil fields jobs ....
    You have a CDL , ....DAC ? ...everyone knows CR is full of stories ,
    I hear 30 to 40 bucks an hr hauling texas tankers ,gotta have a local job
    so you can hang around with those pretty texas gals

8. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    .....not sure what you mean ( you had a black guy from africa ) has to do with anything ,but what really caught my eye was ,they pay a new driver 63 bucks for a 600 mile run ? .....what? How can anyone be excited about making that kind $ even a new guy with no exp. ? ,can make more doe flipping burgers and then you say ,you own a fleet? ....Really ?
    ....in just 2yrs ....that's amazing ,maybe we all should take your advice ,CR england must be full of opportunity
    ,just feed the dispatchers some donuts and have some poor unfortunate rookie drive the truck for you
    ......how many trucks you own sir? ......very impressed

9. uplander

Jan 9, 2014
    not me i dont own a fleet. that was his words.

10. uplander

Jan 9, 2014
    and i took him 10 years of driving to own a fleet

11. uplander

Jan 9, 2014
    how can anyone be excited about that? a phase one trainer would be. they get .90 cpm + fsc, and acually i think my numbers were wrong. you pay the student $33.00 and c.r. pays the other half, while that student drives 10 hrs a day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.