BEWARE of CR England!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lbeck, Jun 2, 2012.

1. lbeck

lbeck Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Prineville, OR
    yeah - I couldn't believe it either . . . it just seems very dangerous. In my case - I know my husband, and I know he is a good driver and very cautious and safe - but I don't know who's behind that wheel when he's in the back sleeping. That was the scariest thing for me.

He said that once he completed 6 months out on the road - he no longer qualified to train the Phase 2 guys. He would have to start training a Phase 1 guy fresh out of school. So you also have guys with 6 months experience on the road rolling with a Phase 1 driver with NO experience at all!

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    So if a CRE new driver under contract doesn't accept the lease offer, they are to be paid $25 a day waiting for a "company driver position" to "open up"?

If it were me, I would file for unemployment benefits and make CRE pay them. You would definitely qualify if you are only getting $25 a day in wages.

I'll bet CRE would "find" a company truck real quick.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. lbeck

lbeck Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Prineville, OR
    actually, after I wrote that review - my husband informed me that I was wrong. They do NOT pay those who have completed Phase 2 anything at all to sit and wait for a company truck if they choose to do that instead of lease. They only pay the $25 per day for a student who has finished school and is waiting for a Phase 1 trainer!

5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    . So you as the lease op get a student and are responsible for all students expenses. What about workers comp?

Ibeck hope Tks work out. If you try small companies might do better.

6. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    Man,...... That is sad. Whoever is making those decisions at the top is in need of some major BRAIN Therapy.

7. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Even better. You would definitely have them on the hook for unemployment.

The more I think about it, CRE broke the terms of your husband's contract with them. CRE agreed to employ your husband for one year. They essentially broke the contract by not putting him to work after training.

Did your husband get all the equipment back that he bought for the truck? I would seriously go to an attorney and file suit against CRE. Especially since they no doubt will give your husband a bad DAC report.

Even though your husband agreed to lease a truck with them, the way they strong-armed him under duress doesn't get them off the hook.

Hit them where it hurts, in the pocketbook!

lbeck and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  8. lbeck

lbeck Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Prineville, OR
    I agree. We are strongly considering bringing charges. If we get a bill from them, we will definitely fight it. He is applying online for Schneider right now.

9. THE ROAD VIRUS

THE ROAD VIRUS Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Nomad
    it serves no purpose to continue to beat this dead horse. no matter how many times people share their horror stories, 20 more will continue to sign that dotted line. cre knows this, and will always be in business. i dont even think their main source of revenue comes from transporting freight. it comes from screwing l/o's and collecting their tuition fees. if TTR merged all "cre sucks" threads into one, it would probably take up two thirds of this forum. yet every day, buses around the nation continue to discharge new victims in front of their doors. saddest thing is, nothing, i mean NOTHING will ever change. Caveat Emptor-let the buyer, beware...

zentrucking, bigjoel and CenutryClass Thank this.
  10. lbeck

lbeck Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Prineville, OR
    unfortunately, I'm sure you are correct . . . nothing will ever change . . .

11. Quickfarms

Quickfarms Heavy Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Some driver should complete his training and file for unemployment while he is waiting. Maybe the state will look into why they are advertising company jobs but forcing them to lease.

You need to read the fine print before you sign anything. Do not trust what people say.

drvrtech77, NavigatorWife and lbeck Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.