BEWARE OF JCKG87 TRANSPORTATION

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by NJTruckerinTX, Jul 28, 2015.

1. NJTruckerinTX

NJTruckerinTX Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2015
    JCKG87 Transportation is a small company out of Spring TX. Run from the owners house with a yard across town. Jckg87 is owned by a man named Cesar. He owns two trucks and has a few trailers. None of which are in the best of condition.
    This owner will tell you that you will make .34 per mile and that you wil be a W4 employee and then change it and tell you that you will start out as a 1099... Either way he does NOT give you the necessary paperwork and you are left with your ### in the breeze.
    You will be given information that is ####ty at best and the owner will ask you how much you think you think you should be paid and ask you what amount you think is fair.. He will ask you to drum up. I sinews and bring in new people but never takes your advice regardless of what you have to say. He is a very kind person and good at being a BS artist.
    I was hired at .34 pm and then told I would be a W4 employee but he later changed it and said I would be 1099.. wasn't given any IRS forms of any kind to fill out. I started to drive for Cesar and was sent to NJ. I did the delivery and sat for 3 days before getting the load finally. Was told to "do what I had to" which meant to falsify my logs.. was told i was next in line amd 2 hours at 3pm the shipper told me my load wasnt ready until 10pm. At 3am the next morning my load was done.
    Every load was unprepared, poorly timed or not even scheduled. In some cases no attempts to find me a load were made st all.
    Had to beg to be paid all the time. Was told to use the company card to be able to eat and was told it wouldn't come off my pay because I was stranded and he didn't want his drivers to go hungry. Was told "don't worry about it"...
    Was NEVER paid properly or on time. Had to beg for pay which I got in installments almost a week after payday. Had to demand he go to my apartments and pay my rent as I faced eviction and many late fees because of his failure to pay.
    Was given a company phone that was stolen along with my own phone and 2 weeks after I left his employment I was told I would not be paid because he assumed I took his phone which I did not take.
    He broke the TX payday law. Has refused to pay me. Failed to provide proper IRS forms and failed to set up my court mandated child support payments which I am behind on as a result. I'm facing eviction again as well as repossession of my truck within the week.
    DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY unless you like to get screwed over every day you are there!!

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NJTruckerinTX

NJTruckerinTX Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Also I was supposed to be paid .42 per mile and almost 2000 miles into the trip I found out that I wasn't getting ground miles but brokerage miles which is air miles which means every time I turned left or right I lost money.

4. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
  5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    But you went ahead and drove for this guy without signing ANY tax documents (W4 or 1099) before jumping in the truck? Stop your crying...it was your own fault (PERIOD), he didn't "dupe" you...you screwed yourself by being a "dope".

The ONLY reason I work is for the pay check...so at ANY orientation, for ANY employer, the MOST IMPORTANT part of orientation is the paper work...and if State & Federal W4's are not in the paper work I question it...and if I don't like the answer I am given, I walk.

Holy cow people SMARTEN UP!!!

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    This same story can be said of any of thousands of "small trucking companies" across the nation. Anyone who only has a handful of trucks or less should be considered "drive for at your own risk". Of course larger companies can be risky too. The point is, when things look suspect from the outside, they probably are.

These guys who are trying to make a few trucks work and perhaps operate a front for other illicit activities tend to attract desperate drivers who can't work anywhere reputable, they both feed each other, and the cycle continues.

7. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Why get mad when told the truth? All the warning signs was there plain as day.

bye

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    Reason for edit: quote removed
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.