BIG FAT LIARS

Discussion in 'PTL' started by Giovany, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    You can park in the lot no matter what plates the lot on the west side of the shop, trucks can't go home with you until you go solo the tuition reimbursement is new thing for them. I was able to finish up fast because I had a great trainer and my stage 2 partner was a friend from cdl school, also my trainer help me get with his dispatcher so I was definitely getting miles I was definitely lucky I ran into my trainer in the break room when he was mentioning making money only driving 9 hours per day lol and yes he was able to show it to me and I used it plus I was the first trainee to get a California run with a trainer so I agree it's the luck of the draw but you have to have a serious stage 2 partner who wants to run.

bamalife123 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bamalife123

bamalife123 Light Load Member

May 22, 2016
    ALABAMA
    So you still running with PTL

4. Jrdude5

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    No got a local gig here in NJ home daily weekends off do miss the sights though...

bamalife123 Thanks this.
  5. bamalife123

May 22, 2016
    ALABAMA
    How long did you run for PTL and would you recommend it to a rookie driver im considering going with them actually pretty sure i will be. What did your checks look like in training if u dont mind me asking. It looks like all the negative stuff about them is from folks who didnt even finish training. So id like to hear from someone like u who actually worked there longer than a week. And do you think home time would be a issue for someone living on the Alabama GA line. I hate to nag you with questions but its hard to find people that have worked for PTL and made it out of training.

6. Jrdude5

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    I ran there for 9 months while in training I average around 560 take home but remember everyone's tax situations is different I also signed up for medical and legal plan, there's a lot of other companies out there that's pretty decent but I feel PTL is what you make of do what you have to keep your nose clean and you will do just fine. Also they are an esop company since they are employee owned something to think about. Equipment is great in my opinion you start with not the best because your new but you will get better after training all have apu inverter, road test easy, hometime shouldn't be a problem where your from couple guys in my class was from around there. There's also company cars available to move around town. Any other questions do ask I won't sugar coat it and if you do go I will pm you my trainer's name I am sure he is still there remember they are not the best no company is but I can only speak from experience.

PS: I also chose to go there to help my friend out because they were the only one who would take him but don't regret my time there.

bamalife123 Thanks this.
  7. bamalife123

May 22, 2016
    ALABAMA
    I really appreciate the info man i do have some more questions i will shoot you a pm though.

8. Jrdude5

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    No problem I will definitely answer as much as possible.

9. bamalife123

May 22, 2016
    ALABAMA
    pm sent

10. TeamBryant

TeamBryant Bobtail Member

May 5, 2017
    They do not care about their drivers! They would rather hire 30 new people 3 times a week, than reward an experienced driver to keep them. Their retention and reputation suck.

Md420 Thanks this.
  11. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    Thats the truth

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.