Big G Express, Inc. - Shelbyville, Tn.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tenncouple, Mar 2, 2007.

1. tenncouple

tenncouple Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Big G is a joke ask any driver that has or still workes there about there turn over its crazy. If you work there and quit they try to make your life ####. What im trying to say is stay away if you like to work.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    elaborate more on this. What exactly did you not like about them? list everything here so people will know.

4. tenncouple

Mar 2, 2007
    Well like i said there turnover is about 65 percent yearly. And i quit working there because dispatch told me i had to take a run no matter that my wife was in the hospital going through heart sergery so i took the truck back to them and left now im a no show

5. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Did you follow the typical chain of command? usually going higher up till you get somebody that will understand your needs. Your dispatcher or even your dispatchers boss is not good enough for me. Heck I would of went Far up as I could on a situation like that stating a safety issue, no way could I be safe on the road while my wife was having surgery, my mind would been 100% on her and not on my job therefor creating a safety issue. Usually when you throw safety into it, somebody usually listens in most all companies. (key word "usually")

I am not defending Big G, but I have spoke to a few drivers and they seemed to like it there.

Anything else negative other then the issue you listed?
    what did you like about them? did you get miles or was they low?

6. tenncouple

Mar 2, 2007
    got about 2500 miles a week all up north during winter (sen) and yes i went all the way up to saftey but the point im trying to make is there was no load on me at that time and the truck was took back to there yard i live here in shelbyville so it was not like i had not took a load or truck to them othere than that try them you will see what im saying by the way i know your not defending them thats why were on here but please take a strong look at them before you decide

7. Short Stack

Short Stack Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Tennessee
    Who is Big G in Shellbyville? What company? I would like to know to avoid them, please.

8. TENNHICKS

TENNHICKS Bobtail Member

May 31, 2007
    TENNESSEE
    Well I Did Work There I Found Most Drivers Like To Stay In Shop Instead Of Driving. So I Always Said If U Got Time To Complain U Could Be Driving And Making Money Instaed Of Complaining

9. MXH

MXH Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2006
    LOL! one of the *benefits* at Big G is "power passenger windows."

10. cwwhited

cwwhited Bobtail Member

May 16, 2007
    I used to drive for big g,untill one night I opened the hood on my truck and it fell off on top of me.with the help of two other drivers,we got it back on
    and tied down with bungie straps.the thing is dispatch wanted me to drive it to sc like that.It could've came off and killed someone.Dispatch didn't care

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.