Bill's Truck Stop - Linwood, NC

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Jorihe84, Mar 30, 2013.

1. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    That venison stew they've got going in the back sure didn't come from IFH or US. Foods :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    There is a little mom and pop called the Motor Inn at the intersection of 33 and 127 in Ohio that has rabbit on the menu.

4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    thats ok anj, we realize you like your subway sandwich and 2 for 2.22 hot dogs. just dont stop there anymore, keeps a spot open for folks who appreciate the place for what it is now, and for what it once was. just think though all ya got to lookforward to is talking about how great the subways were when you get old. sad sad sad

5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Wow. What a load of tripe! Good cooks know how to create flavor, regardless of what the ingredients are. And I doubt everyone buys the same stuff from places like Gordons. BTW, I get some things from there, and make some pretty awesome food, that doesn't taste like TA stuff. I know how to experiment.

teflondave and puncher Thank this.
  6. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Nah none of that. Callin it like I see it

7. Jacktors

Jacktors Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2013
    They are good people. I lost my phone there a few years ago and they found it, called me on my wife's number so I could come get it. Not sure I would have been that lucky with one of the big boys.

8. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I was there the other week with my trainer. Place is a dump but the staff was very friendly. The road near the entrance is under construction. The parking lot for the trucks is dirt. Food was super cheap. At night it got very busy with locals. Like I said, the staff was friendly but I would never go back because the showers are scary. I felt like I was in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Lol.

9. teflondave

teflondave Light Load Member

May 22, 2012
    harwood, md
    @Skateboardman and Tennesseahawk...that's what's up...y'all speaking the truth...

Tennesseahawk Thanks this.
  10. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    That right there makes up for all the other 'shortcomings'

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  11. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    What makes you think it was deer? Notice any other drivers missing on your way out? LOL

Just kidding.. I like these kinds of stops when I get the opportunity. The chain stores are sort of few and far between once you get off the interstate.

windsmith Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.