Black Horse Carriers Doesn't trust drivers

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Roc76, May 26, 2016.

1. Roc76

Roc76 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Car cuts over in your when it's slick out. You avoid the car but hit the wall they fire you. Cameras in trucks. No communication with management you name it. Was OK before the owner was bought out

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    You should have allowed the car to hit you / maintained your lane... what did the camera see?

Sneakerfix Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Hate to tell you this, but you were at fault. You let another vehicle make you cause a wreck. You should have been aware of your surroundings enough to know if it was safe to quickly change lanes (never swerve) or maintain your lane laying on the brakes. Yes sometime letting a vehicle hit you as the least bad way to handle it.
    Also are you a new employee here, as even a single at-fault wreck usually does not mean being fired?

-Steven

5. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    A dot officer would've told you the same thing as these two drivers have just told you " maintain your Lane" let them hit you, they get a ticket not you
    .... One example I've had is this :
    A vehicle getting on the highway stays on the side of a semi until they run out of on ramp and off on the shoulder..... who's at fault ?
    .... Don't get me wrong I'll help someone get on the highway (especially a semi) as long as they Atleast have enough since to use a stupid turn signal and I have an open Lane next to me , HOWEVER, I don't have to be a nice guy all the time especially for those who don't have an ounce of courtesy and not even use a signal, I have watched those pompous idiots run out of on ramp and then come flying up beside me flipping me off and everything else while I just wave at them at them like they are kindergarteners

minirack, RustyBolt and jethro712 Thank this.
  6. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Black Horse is the best trucking company I've yet worked for. They treat me very well. You're right that there is little communication with management, they trust me completely to get my deliveries done and they don't stand over me and micromanage. That's a big plus for those of us who don't need our hands held. Also, there is no camera in my truck.

Sounds like you got fired for a preventable accident and can't accept responsibility for your mistake.

7. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you drove one of my trucks into a wall I would fire you too.

Mr. OBX Thanks this.
  8. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Your first "reaction" is to avoid colliding with the other veh, right ? However, as you can see, he caused the accident and I'm guessing just drove away while you you're sitting there with a wrecked truck. The alternative is to actually have the collision so the other veh will have to stop and the cops will document whose at fault.

9. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Moving out of your lane and hitting the wall is a preventable. Maintaining your lane and letting the other car hit you would have been the cars fault and would not have warranted your firing.

10. bigmotor1212

bigmotor1212 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    If there was a camera in the truck, what did it show?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.