Blind Side Backing

Discussion in 'Trucker Videos' started by scottied67, May 22, 2016.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Quick video on blind side backing

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Now do it between two trucks at 90°, at night and with a dumpster in front of you. :D

Dominick253, Dave_in_AZ and scottied67 Thank this.
  4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I might have to in a couple days here, terminal delivery, enter the gate and the docks are on the right so that is a blindside back unless the driver opts to travel up to the upper lot and turn around and hope no other trucks have come in the gate. Otherwise if they say circle around back (clockwise) of the building, there is a locked gate and zero room to turn around back there and all docks are blind side entry.

5. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Sorry for the hijack, i do like your video, but you sound just like

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    I have to cheat when I blindside by moving my right mirror out lol. Done got old and cant see as good as I could 30 years ago.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I see some guys do a blind side [in a sleeper truck] who probably should put that trick back in the closet. Seen them do a blind side when both 1, it really wasn't necessary. And 2, they weren't as good at blind siding as they apparently thought they were.

But every now and then you'll see somebody who can really impress. Several weeks ago loading in Tacoma, I saw an owner-op in a sleeper freightliner who hauled freezer containers blind side back TWICE and both were nearly flawless, ending up within about 3 feet of the trailer to the left and almost perfectly parallel, without pull-up. It wasn't a tight lot, but it wasn't very wide open either.

Dominick253 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I give that back a 7.5. Maybe a 7.7.
    I'm experimenting with a move to eliminate the blind side back.
    It could be done there. Don't know about a shoe horn Loves.

scottied67 and Dominick253 Thank this.
  9. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    The big window in my prostar helps with the blind side backs. Have a lot of them in Laredo, but mostly big enough lots I don't stress about it too much. Just depends on what side of the building a forwarders entrance is on.

unloader

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    What is it with blindside docks in Laredo ? Lol...you forgot to mention all the junk sitting around too.

unloader Thanks this.
  11. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Lol truck city isn't for the timid drivers. I'm down here once a week and Im basically final mile ltl so I spend a bulk of my time delivering to forwarders. The traffic down here on a #### Monday is enough to drive you mad. I feel really sorry for all those schneider drivers trying to get in and out of their terminal. Lol.

And if you think the forwarders are tight try going downtown. Ask me how I know! Lol. North downtown Laredo is doable, but if your delivery is in the portion of downtown that is basically right on the border? Forget about it in a 53' trailer.

unloader

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.