Booker transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Trucker777, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Trucker777

Trucker777 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2015
    I want anyone that's considering leasing on with Booker Transportation to read this first. You must deal with 5 different dispatchers each is assigned a certain region of the country but when you don't want to do a load for any reason they get another dispatcher to get you to do it. So if you're a Latino driver they have the Mexican dispatcher call you. The trailers are 100% terrible spring ride NO AIR RIDE and the reefer units are configured to run on continuous at above 34° F. That means you spend a lot of money on reefer fuel and you pay for it. You cannot set it on autostart. Requesting time off is a NIGHTMARE so you're better off telling them that you're truck is in the shop being repaired. Their freight is very cheap going to Amarillo "the meat patch" mostly loads of water from Dallas or Fort Worth and are usually always over gross weight. Then you get to Amarillo and you think you're in for a good MEAT LOAD but since they're always short on trucks they have preloaded trailers at their customers that they can't move so you get the trash. You pay for trailer washout at shipper and after you're empty you have to go Wash it again because it's full of blood and stinky. Their yard in Amarillo is very muddy so when it rains your truck will get very dirty and may get stuck in the mud. They have a free tire program that you get 10 free tires after you run like crazy for 3 months and sign a 1 year lease with them. You pay the taxes on the tires and guess what they are not free. They only pass on to you a 4 cent discount per gallon of fuel with their com data card, and they're on a network that gives them about 25 cents. I can go on and on telling you how terrible this company is so do yourself a favor and stay away find a different company to lease on with. The only way I recommend you this company is if you have a terrible driving record and nobody will hire you, because Booker Trans. will hire you. They don't care! They may tell you NO but in a couple of days they'll say to you that you're approved! They have some of the worst drivers in the trucking industry. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. I hope that the information I provided you guys is enough. Bye..

82ndairbornetrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tmslogistics

tmslogistics Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2015
    your post is not 100% accurate, trucker777.

ALL of the loads I have pulled have either been -10 continuous, or +26 start/stop. Now, if you are pulling produce, it's on continuous run at about 34 degrees.

Yes, you pay for trailer washouts, and reefer fuel. The trailers are all spring ride.

They are a no forced dispatch company. Yes, they might try to talk you into taking the load, but it is up to you to stand up and say no. The meat loads are pretty good. I have definitely seen better fuel discounts than what you report if you fuel at Pilot and definitely if you fuel at pilot/flying J in amarillo and Oklahoma City, OK.I have seen discounts as high as .33/gallon. I almost always fuel at pilot/flying J just to take adavntage of the full discount.

I haven't taken the new tires, although I could.....so, I cannot speak to the 1 year lease agreement with the prorated amount left on the tires, if you leave before the one year mark after you receive the tires. If you stick around, this is a good deal. As far as the tax goes, I can't speak to that because I have not taken them as of yet.

I am single, and I'll stay out to make money. You can't make money going home every week or every other week. I normally stay out about a month. If I need to go to the shop, I let them know that I am going to the shop. I don't lie to them for days off. If I need to go home, then I ask for a load that gets me by the house. I haven't had problems with getting home.

Overall, it's a decent company to lease on with. Every company out there has a different program.

4. thomnel53

thomnel53 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Just wondering if you are still with Booker. I was looking at them. Do you still like it over there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.