BOOMTOWN in Dakota?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by kemosabi49, Apr 27, 2015.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I see there is a new reality show called something like "Boomtown" about the oil patch in North Dakota. Commercials for show indicate an abudance of jobs and tall dollars. Going to be a bunch of people running up there in for a big surprise when they get there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HOTSHOTTER432

HOTSHOTTER432 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2015
    PERMIAN BASIN
    LOL Maybe if they'd released it a year ago. I'm sure its slowed down a lot there. Personally, the Bakken is a joke compared to the permian as far as production and reserves go.

4. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    do to the oil war that led to the low oil prices the oil boom towns have been laying off a lot. the show must have been filmed over a year ago, most likely a few years ago.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    loose_leafs Thanks this.
  5. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    With the way the price of oil fluctuates they could just as well name it "BUST" town. The price of oil NEEDS to stay high for fracking to be profitable, that is what brought it all on in the first place. And the price of Oil has taken a huge nose dive this past year. The life sucks, the hours are too long and the work too hard, for the money, you can keep it.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT our oil industry to boom. It is no different than "GO WEST YOUNG MAN" in the 1800s...Look at how many towns went boom and bust in a short amount of time.

6. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    I wish our government would lay off the regulations & restrictions that make it cheaper to buy from the middle east instead of getting our own oil right here. between the green people. e,p,a, osha, e.t.c. we, meaning the government shackle our self

7. Frghter Century 12.7 Detr

Frghter Century 12.7 Detr Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    North Dakota will be back! We will be paying $4.99 a gallon pretty soon.

Thediamond13, gdyupgal and makoman21 Thank this.
  8. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Yeah, sad part is we'll be paying 4.99 but barrel prices may still be in the $60's

chalupa Thanks this.
  9. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    Now, now, now, I'm sure that tax money will be put to good use. Like all tax money is.

Arky and Jaxx34 Thank this.
  10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Boomtown is in Nevada next to Reno, there's a Cabelas and a well known lobster buffet,

We're gathering our own oil to sell to other country's so we can buy from others

11. AP1977

AP1977 Light Load Member

May 20, 2014
    This actually happened to The Deadliest Catch, the show was first filmed right before they went to quotas and lost like a third of boats fishing. Was there at that time and it was bad, really bad. So many fishermen out of jobs. However, the magic of filmmaking still made it a big hit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.