Breaking News Update LOL

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Ryan S2016, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Ryan S2016

Ryan S2016 Medium Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Western North Carolina
    Well here is an update. My previous post concerning the purchase of the Ram 3500. Did some research because a few replies to that post had me curious. Mainly the "lifetime warranty" I called the dealer back and asked to be specific about it. He said according to the terms of the warranty there is a lifetime warranty on the power-train for the duration of my ownership. That's it. Also the 3 year 36K mile Bumper to Bumper. I said ok thanks and I hung up. I called a good friend of mine at another Ram dealer who is a service tech, asked him and guess what. NOT TRUE. He explained it to me. The lifetime warranty part is true, however the fine print indicates that if any power-train issues occur and it is found that the truck has exceeded the GVWR and used in a manner not outlined in the warranty it is null and void. Basically by using the truck in combo with the trailer I will exceed the GVWR.
    My question is but it's listed as a commercial vehicle and bought under their commercial inventory. That doesn't matter if you damage any part of the power-train as a result of negligence on your part they will not cover anything. He has seen two already come in and warranties were voided. I said this doesn't make sense people buy these 3500's for towing so why would that be the case. He said most people don't pay attention to the fine print and hear lifetime so they don't bother investigating further.

So bottom line I had 48 hours to back out and thats what I did and today went back to the dealer I bought my first truck with and got a 2016 Ram 2500 HD SLT. For a whole lot less and 11K miles on the ODOM. I also paid cash for it so I own it outright. Free and clear no payments. Feel much better about it. Its plenty of power and towing for what I need. I pick it up on Tuesday and I will put some pics up if anyone is interested.
    I am having the B&W Goose-Neck installed Thursday and picking up the 2016 Kaufman 35.5 foot 2 car hauler on Friday. Can't wait to make some decent money and get on the road.

I want to THANK everyone of you that replied to that post and asked questions and gave me feedback. I am truly grateful for your help. I am also glad I came to this forum and left the car hauler forum where all they did was put me down and call me a fake truck driver. Even though I don't think I am technically a Hot Shot driver either even though the transports are time critical I suppose. Anyway Thanks to all of you.

brian991219 and baha Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Chrysler will look for any excuse to void a warranty. No matter how flimsy. A coworker of mine had a warranty claim on his water pump (6.7 Cummins) denied because he had an aftermarket intake installed.

TruckDrivingtn Thanks this.
  4. TruckDrivingtn

TruckDrivingtn Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Maryville Tn
    No payments Rock Brother and I am glad the others let you back out. If It wasn't right for you... The motors have a 100k Warranty Right and the Trans has a 60k? Plus as long as you are in the parameters of the Towing capacity this should never be an Issue. Now if you plan on using a Computer Controller make sure its plug and play and you Remove it before Dealer service or repair...

5. TruckDrivingtn

TruckDrivingtn Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Maryville Tn

She should of fought that NO way an air Intake will cause a water pump Failure.... They have to prove that it caused the issue?

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I don't know what happened after that. He traded it off on an '07 with a built 5.9 Cummins because he got tired of all the issues he was having with the 6.7L

7. Ryan S2016

Ryan S2016 Medium Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Western North Carolina

8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Ford isn't much better. My son-in-law's employer uses the F450 and F550 to pull trailers of equipment and tank/pipe liner for manufacturing plants. Recently had to have transmission completely replaced, then on the way home after that shop visit, the high pressure fuel pump went out and it was over $6000 for that repair...all off warranty work because of some "alleged" misuse that the dealer can't prove or disprove. The warranty claim is pending after an investigation, but wouldn't release the truck until they paid. If the claim is allowed, they will be refunded their payment. The boss has vowed to never buy another Ford. He was going to buy Dodge...but it sounds like he might want to avoid those as well and move up to one of those Class 6 or 7 trucks that look like a pickup on steroids. I told him to have his boss buy a used class 8 sleeper, gut the sleeper and put seats and places for the crew to put their duffle bags.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.