Bridger transportation, any info

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Thai, Jul 10, 2014.

1. turning miles

turning miles Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Has anyone recently gone through orientation if so can you share on it. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Maddhatta

Maddhatta Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Use Bridger Transportation as a stepping stone. They just lost most of their Oxy wells and Shell only gave them a modest amount. If you go to Odessa you will starve. They did buy 2 companies,and tried to force the drivers into O/O or they were fired. It's a shame when drivers take paycuts and they still payout bonuses....

Pigtail and BentleyB Thank this.
  4. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    I talked to a friend that works at South C&C, the drivers there said that when Bridger bought out SCC the drivers were told they could either sign the fleece lease at Bridger by the 18th of December or they'd be out of a job. But Bridgers sheety reputation is well known and out of 100 or so SCC drivers only 4 signed the lease. So Ferrell gas stepped in and kept a lot of the SCC drivers on albeit on a temporary basis until they get enough suckers to sign the fleece. Now SCC drivers knowing they're just temporary help being used like toilet paper are quitting in massive numbers.

Also I'm surprised it hadn't been mentioned on this thread but Bridger lost shell contract because they had 2 trucks hit trains,and another rollover at Oil Tanking ( now enterprise) , as well as countless spills at leases, and bring bad oil to the lact. Now Bridger buying SCC they are back doing shell loads, but rumors are swirling that Shell is only letting Bridger back in until they don't need them anymore and companies like Mission and Dupre are bidding to get the work Bridger bought from SCC.

Bridger has a bad reputation not just with drivers, but with pumpers,and with Shell. They've already lost Shell once, so they're on the Sheet list.

Don't be surprised if Bridger gets run out by Shell once again.

Drivers beware and BentleyB Thank this.
  5. Mookybird

Mookybird Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I attended one of the last orientation classes in Louisiana.....I knew nothing of hauling oil at that time and was fired up to get some experience and sign up......

I worked for a Bridger contractor in nd.......I wasn't there long before I knew I wouldn't ever sign on....my employer was and still is a great guy.....he trained me...paid and treated me well.

This was before the sale...back when you could get a new truck and trailer....but the culture bites.

Everything is a threat...do this or else......ive always been a good employee..the sort of guy a company wants to keep around....fortunately I found a great company in the Bakken and I think I have the best driving job in the patch.

I like the idea of stepping stones but not if you have to accept total financial responsibility for transmission. .pumps etc by signing the lease.....big trucks...big bucks and even if the reviews and testimonials were good...and they aren't. ...this would be a scary time to agree to that monthly commitment.

Luke628 Thanks this.
  6. Luke628

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Found out today that in just the first couple weeks that Bridger took over South CC they've already managed to lose customers, the same customers SCC had for years are running from Bridger and giving the business to other companies. Bridger is managed by a bunch of horses arses.

If Ferrellgas had any sense they would fire all the long time Bridger management starting with Rick T.

Drivers beware Thanks this.
  7. iroquois

iroquois Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Dickinson, ND
    It doesn't matter how many companies they buy. Bridger will never have any long-term success if their drivers look at their average paycheck and have to question whether it would be better to be a company driver elsewhere.

Luke628 Thanks this.
  8. iroquois

iroquois Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Dickinson, ND
    They think a 10% across the board pay cut will help them weather the downturn in the oilfield, when in fact it will do the opposite. Perhaps this is to be expected when your top management is a bunch of lawyers who have probably never even driven a truck.

Luke628 Thanks this.
  9. Pigtail

Pigtail Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    That forcing drivers into o/o gig, that's the second time they have played that hand. The dude who owns Bridger owned another oil field trucking company and did the same thing there. I worked for them and it was a good place to work until they started doing all that noise. It went downhill in a hurry once they started going korporate. The owner hugely increased those profit margins by dogging the drivers then sold out to a Canadian corporation. Then he started Bridger. And is doing the same thing there.

10. Luke628

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    It's official.

Shell has once again fired Bridger.

Bridger bought South C&C and in less than a month ran it into the ground.

They had enough money to buy out South C&C. But Bridger can't buy a reputation.

Anyone who Bridger recruited to sign the fleece lease and run the Shell loads out of Houston is getting screwed and will likely have to go and move out of state to one of the few areas Bridger hasn't lost customers.

Bridgers parent company Ferrellgas needs to fire the idiots in Charge of Bridger. Fire Rick T,Fire Russell,and Fire the lying recruiter Kyle, and fire all their idiot dispatchers. That's the only way they'll ever get Shell back.

But anyone reading this considering ever signing the fleece lease with Bridger, don't walk, RUN! Run Away from this joke of a company.

BentleyB Thanks this.
  11. Jran11

Jran11 Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Mccamey, TX
    I'm surprised it took a month, their recruiter must be great at his job, because I can tell them what is happening with Bridger in the real world, yet based on recruiter, they still sign on with them.

Luke628 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.