Bruce Oakley Trucking (Bulk)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Lug-Nut, Feb 8, 2015.

1. jpracer1

jpracer1 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    elogs are easy to use,if you know how to do it the driver way you will gain time at the end of the week,i make all the money I want or need on elogs and have 15-20 hours left at the end of the week

Raiderfanatic and WickedFast1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WickedFast1

WickedFast1 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2015
    I'm all ears!! not saying it can't be done, I have never delt with them, how do I do this?

4. jpracer1

jpracer1 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    15minute pre trip,as soon as you pull off the road go immediately to off duty,not when you finally get parked,when you fuel if you are in line go off duty,go on duty fuel when you pull up to pumps then when you are done and you hang the nozzle up and pull up go to off duty,when you pull into load or unload go off duty,then about 15 minutes before you are done loading or unloading go on duty loading,this matches up to your scale ticket,at end of day go off duty as soon as you pull into parking lot

trucker91, WickedFast1 and Doc W Thank this.
  5. Doc W

Doc W Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Thanks jpracer1... great info!

Also... if your eLog is set for 20 mph or 25 mph or so...even 15 mph would work... you can save even more time by doing this...
    When you pull off the interstate and are stopped on the ramp, and the truck stop or fuel stop is close and you can maintain a speed below your elogs set speed (even if it's slower than you'd like to go...and the heck with those impatient drivers behind you), go off duty then! And then stay off duty to open your hood, check oil, coolant, wash your windshield, etc. Then go on duty just like jpracer1 says above.

It works... believe me!

Mooseontheloose and WickedFast1 Thank this.
  6. WickedFast1

WickedFast1 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2015
    didn't even know there was a speed set , I always thought if the truck moved it was recorded! thanks guys!

7. Doc W

Doc W Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Well...let me say this. I'm sure companies can set them up for zero mph and if the truck moves it knows it. Yet those companies are really only cutting their own throats, even if they think they're being smart and keeping drivers from "getting one over on'em". If they would count the lost revenue from having them set that way, they'd be amazed. IMHO, every company should set the elogs at 25 mph giving both the driver AND the company a benefit.

8. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I have pulled hopper for Oakley since July '14 and am happy. It's pretty easy work and getting miles haven't been a problem. It's been a little slower since January (2500 miles per week) versus last year (3500+ per week) but it's starting to pick up. Hoppers have a good amount of paid deadhead (25-40% of miles) especially when roofing granules and sand are running hard. If you live in OK, TX (especially east), AR or southern MO you will do well running hopper for Oakley. You need a light truck (18500 with a half tank of fuel). Run paper logs to maximize miles. No facial hair except a trim mustache. I live in southwest Missouri and have no problems getting home every weekend. If you live around Little Rock or port of Catoosa OK you could have a lot of home time. Maybe every other night.

9. WesternEmpire

WesternEmpire Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Arcade, NY
    Is the deadhead percentage that high for end dump too? I'm just curious because I'd like some fairly solid numbers to plug into the calculator. Everything I've seen so far though looks promising.

10. duckhead

duckhead Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2015
    End dump deadhead won't be as high as hopper. Dump is around 20℅. But there may be times when it's more. 3 or 4 years ago, when the last big floods on the main mississippi and in Canada happened, I ran coal from blenfat Saskatchewan to Burnside Kentucky just as hard as I could run. Empty in my and deadhead back for a month. Its unusual to deadhead that much but with the better fuel mileage it doesn't make much of a difference in you bring home, just your bonus.

11. WesternEmpire

WesternEmpire Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Arcade, NY
    15-20% is what I've been guesstimating so I guess my numbers weren't too far off. I appreciate the info.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.