Bruenger Co Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by itaff, Apr 6, 2015.

1. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Pet Peev!! After you get fuel and pull foward to go pay of get your receipt, this is not the time to go get your McDonalds, Subway, Wendy's, Pipeys, Carl's Jr or Burger King!!!

Take your lazy butt and park in a parking spot, then go get your lunch, dinner or what ever else it is you need for your truckdriver belly!!

Hope we are all having a great weekend and making some money, or holding our honey's..

Joetro Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Dropping apples off tonight in K.C. MO, and then taking truck to Tooeka to get work done on EGR Cooler.. Got the estimated cost for the whole project to include filter and baking the system.. If the whole system has to be repaired I will be looking at $6,000 for parts and labor..

Let's keep out figures crossed it is just EGR cooler at $2300..

Was able to make it home yesterday and spent fathers day with my wife and kids, this was an unplanned trip but did better that I usually do common across the Rockies this time..

Company called today and said they have a load ready for me to pick up if I want.. Lol .. Reminded them that my truck is going in for repairs, they said they will show me down the rest of the week and to call if I get up and want to get going..

stormy379 Thanks this.
  4. anotherjoe

anotherjoe Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Here is a website that will help you keep that cummins happy. Also gives you some basic mech knowledge that can save you thousands in repairs and downtime . Rawze.com you will thank me later lol. awesome knowledge passed to the driver

1951 ford Thanks this.
  5. anotherjoe

Jan 8, 2013
    If your not using radiator fluid egr is good. Watch a read videos educate yourself. Its very easy for a Mech to say your turbo is bad . And the engine shows signs of it. But when you put it on the cummins insight programs you find its the sensor that control the load on the turbo. So actually its a 84.00 fix not a 4500.00. But they know you arent privy to the computer read out. So hook line sinker. The insight program on ebay ,300.00 save you thousands.Rawze.com will explain everything piece of cake.

blade, stormy379 and itaff Thank this.
  6. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I'll check it out thanks man..

7. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    So.. EGR cooler replaced, filter and system cleaned out. Total came to $3500.00 ish.. About a $1000.00 more due to having to remove filter and cleaning the system and regen..

Called and finalized arraignments with Aaron, we agreed to a 50/50 split on the cost of repairs. So they gave me 2 EFS checks for $1750.00 and I took $1800.00 in cash and got my old girl back.. Left me just enough to stop in St, Joe Mo on Sunday to get a service..

Before I even left to get my truck, I received a call and had a load on hold for me to pick-up Saturday that delivers to Wisconsin (460 mile run) on Sunday..

A lot of u seem to know an awful lot about truck repairs, I think I need to make it my goal to learn more about maintenance of the DPF system to help keep future cost down.

Well going to go fry some chicken for the wife, make her a meal for my last night at home, these last 4 days seem like a year since I've been in a truck.. Need to light fire and burn the tires these next couple of week..

On a scale of 1-10 I would like to give Brugner a 8.5 in assisting and working with me through this process.. This would of been a 10 if they took the truck and paid for all the repairs.. Lol

Anywho stay safe and thanks for all the great advice!!

8. anotherjoe

Jan 8, 2013
    The website i gave you teaches you alot. all sensor can be removed cleaned replaced yourself saving 1000s in repairs. Using low ash oils Rotella or delo keeps soot levels down. They also.contain high levels of zinc which keeps engine wear down.Clean exhaust filters every 250,000 overhead set ever 250,000 you be in gopd shape

itaff Thanks this.
  9. anotherjoe

Jan 8, 2013
    Hopefully they cleaned your Egr valve. If cooler was leaking that means moister traveled thru system. moisture and soot combined is like cake batter caises valve to stick. Defintely invest in a cummins inline 5 7.6 version 300.00 on ebay. Youll be 5 steps ahead of mechanics

itaff Thanks this.
  10. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Thanks anotherjoe.. This has some very helpful advice sir...

11. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    P/U a Seaboard load tonight when they call me. Hope I get a trailer with good tires and not a trailer with 8 steer tires that are bald. Lol

One thing I wish would change with the seaboard loads; we get charged for the plant cleaning and washing the trailer out. It's only about $30.00 but from the beging we are told Bruegner would pay for all trailer expenses. Just like I have recently learned that they also take 30% of my detention time and stop pay for more than 1 load.. These are issues that if changed would make us that much better on the company side, drivers pay so much money out already, why take more?

On the driverside of things; I wish more drivers would take time to get little things repaired instead of passing on a crap trailer to the next driver. Now it's not as bad as I make it sound, I only experience this with about 1 out of every 4 trailers, so every other week or so.. But anywho..

Just took the truck to the Loves in St. Joseph Mo. and had a pm service.. They where out of grease but I probably keep this truck over greased if such a thing is possible..

It will be a midnight pickup and run through the night for tomorrow's drop, so here is to hoping the deer stay off the highway!!!

On last thing I found out they have rear wall mounted A/C units you can but for $1900.00, they also have a heat pump for heat.. You would have to add a few batteries and a converter to run it but it is a thought.. Also a cheaper ideal is a inside portable unit that is about $400.00 same thing a few barriers and a inverter.. Has any one heard of anything else that works to put this heat at bay so a driver can get some sleep??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.