Bruenger Co Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by itaff, Apr 6, 2015.

1. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I used to run for Maverick..new Cascadia's, their HQ in North Little Rock is across the street from Freightliner....a buddy got a new '15 and was told to go pick it up, was crossing the road when the axle fell of the truck!!!! NEW TRUCK!!!!!!....Freightliner quality!!!!

itaff Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Yes Bigheart, Bruenger has some really great people that make it great.. It has its corks but all company's do.. I guess I'll dig into the #S here a little for everyone.

My old lease consisted of Truck Payment, Bob tail insurance, Hufu, plates and permits, maintenance and escrow and a few other things. The fixed amount on that truck came to approximate $875.00 a week.. On average I was paying the truck about .70 cents a mile and I was making .70 cents a mile, now in reality I only pay myself .36 cents and was saving the rest for a rainy day (the reason I was able to pay $5,000 out of pocket for repairs).

The new lease with TEL has me paying $600 a week and .05 cents a mile + insurance, Bob tail ect.. My fixed is approximately $825.00 but there an additional cost added to that based of of miles (being the .5 cents).. Again I'm one day into this but that is how it was explained and read on paper.. So my total out of pocket is approximately $950 to $1000 a week but I have the bumper to bumper warranty, 450,000 mile on drive train and 500,000 on the motor or 5 years. This is a 48 month lease.. So that is approximately $220,000 over 4 years for the $150,000 dollar truck, insurance maintenance and escrow (which will build to approximately $25 a $30,000 in 4 years).

Now some guys on here might scream your paying $70,000 dollars more than what the truck is worth, I'm not, because all that other stuff is added in over 4 years!!

So my accountants state that at this rate the truck needs to make .80 cents a mile so it is estimated that after Bruenger gets there 30%, and the fuel and truck have been paid, I'm making .56 cents a mile at 2300 miles.. This all can move up or down some.

So when I calculate my loads I need to make sure that I add .80 + .56 + Miles ($1.36) + FSC + Bruenger 30% to get my minimum that I need to haul a load.. All added up this comes to $1.76 a mile prior to FSC and $1.96 to $2.06 with FSC. This allowed us all to make money.. This is the reason I said no to a load that paid $1.40 a mile yeasterday.

So with the help of ATBS I have a gasp on what my numbers need to be.. I know occasionally I'll get a load that pays less to get to a better area and not sit, but sometimes u have to loss a little to gain..

I hope this helps and is not to confusing, I am not the best at communicating these things and again this might be a little higher or lower!!

Overall if you are working like a dog, u might as well be working for ur self.. My wife covered our Insurance through her employer, I'm back to saving money for taxes, and again I pay myself like an employee at .36 cents a mile.. That's all I think I'm worth!! Hehe!!

All 4 guys that I came here with are still here, but every week a handful of guys come in turn in there trucks and catch the greyhound home.. I can not stress how much work you have to put into this to make good money.. With that said, it's just another day in paradise for me because I love what I am doing, and enjoy the people I work with.

Last week I pulled in approximately $2300 dollars, the week prior with all the break downs it was only $350 dollars.. I avrage $1500 a week and that will drop with the new truck to about $1300 if I did the math right.. But I also have only averages 2300 miles a week.. Some guys tell me they get 3000 to 3500.. Must be luckier than I am!! Lol.. That reminds me, you cannot drive more than 11000 miles a month on this lease or u owe .05 a mile.. But I'd pay it if I'm driving that much.. They will also give u that .05 cents back if you buy the truck for the buy out of $40,000 at the end of 48 months.. Also they said they will finance that $40,000 if u need help... Win win!!

So anywho, if u have anymore questions let me know, and I am happy and praise the lord for the opportunity to do this job!!

scottied67 and stormy379 Thank this.
  4. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    The problem!! There made in Mexico!! Here is my political opinion for what's it's worth.. That's why WE NEED A TRUMP in 2016!! Lol.. Bring Freightliner back to America!! And let it be built by Americans.. Lol .. Ok there's my .02 cents!! Lol

5. bigheart1216

bigheart1216 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2015
    I have to say thank you for the quick reply and I will have to crunch some numbers but yeah if I'm going to be running hard I mite as well be doing it in my own truck. Oh yeah Trump has my vote he at least calls everything as it is he don't sugar coat nothing.

itaff Thanks this.
  6. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    No
    problem, like I said the guy next to my hitting my new truck ruined any chance of going back to sleep.. Lol

If you want help with the #s give ATBS a call, I believe they give free consultation.. I work with George and if you want his # just let me know and I can PM you that info.. He was the one who helped me breaks the #s down..

for the most part I find most loads here pay between $1.70 to $2.10 on avrage. The driver gets 70% and the company gets 30%.. Occasionally I'll take a load that pays a flat rate usually $1.00 a mile to get out of an area, and have been offered a few loads that are short but pay over $3.00..

When I was looking at company's I had 3 on my radar, Roadrunner, SNi and ATC.. I hear drivers from the other two are usually pretty happy with there company's.. I personally chose Roadrunner because it pays 70% and SNi only payed %66.. But SNi also has a much better load board so less time down and more miles.. ATC has a one year lease, but was not sure if my old self could handle flatbed work.. Hopefully you can find a company that have good lanes through your part of this small world we call earth..

7. bigheart1216

Jul 21, 2015

8. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    What's HUFU???? Also, when you say you pulled in $2,300, is that before taxes and AFTER EXPENSES or Gross???

I bought my truck through traditional used truck financing, so far $1.74 cpm is my number (similar to your's) (I'm, frankly impressed the numbers sound more than reasonable for a new truck) Where do you get the $220,000 over 48 months???

600*4=2400*48=$115,200.....the additional costs (insurance+plates+permits+maintenance...etc) you would have in any case, so.....Am I missing something???

Also, are the .05 cents for maintenance or just the over 11K miles per month penalty???? is that the money you get back at the end of the lease???

itaff Thanks this.
  9. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    You mean you want your German trucks built in the USA with 49% foreign parts????LOL!!!!

itaff Thanks this.
  10. bigheart1216

Jul 21, 2015
    I would like to know also is that amount your gross or net ?

11. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Send it to Germany let them drive their own crap built trucks

Joetro and itaff Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.