Bruenger Co Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by itaff, Apr 6, 2015.

1. 18 wheels of fury

18 wheels of fury Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Houston
    SO can you make pretty good money even though you are leasing a new truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gjcarr03

gjcarr03 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Texas
    Depends on what you call good money. My husband's checks (before tax) have only averaged $1200 the past three weeks, and an average of 2500 miles. :-( It would be better, but loads out of Texas pay terrible, like $1 per mile or less to the truck (after Bruenger's cut). Even with those low rates out of Texas, he's averaging around $1.40 a mile to the truck. He just needs to run more and not be sitting for half the week waiting for loads.

mountaingote Thanks this.
  4. 18 wheels of fury

18 wheels of fury Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Houston
    Wow that's not good guess that is something to consider living in houston. ..guess getting out of town would be my problem then getting better loads elsewhere

5. j.r.1981

j.r.1981 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Go to work for them as a company driver to see how they operate. Don't jump right in to a lease or you are going to be disappointed.

itaff and 18 wheels of fury Thank this.
  6. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    We have a lot of brokered loads out of Houston, which usually equals cheap rate..

7. gjcarr03

Jan 16, 2014
    Texas
    Another crappy week. By Friday morning, he will have a whopping $3389 gross BEFORE Bruenger's 30%, so...yeah. After fixed costs and fuel, doesn't leave us with much. They are supposedly trying to find him something for after he drops this load. I'm not holding my breath. Preplanning is not something they seem to like to do, which is our biggest gripe because he wastes half of his week sitting and waiting for a load.

And they shorted his settlement again. FSC being less than his confirmation. He already messaged his recruiter and told him he's not sure how much longer he can stay with Bruenger if this is how it's going to be.

Bumper Thanks this.
  8. stormy379

stormy379 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    @gjcarr03 , can't he find his own loads?? Might have way better luck doing it that way.

9. gjcarr03

Jan 16, 2014
    Texas
    He's been trying, but they still have to approve them.

10. j.r.1981

j.r.1981 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2012

11. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Well it is a whooping 24 degrees in Minnisota this morning.. Picked up a load last night that delivers Sunday, but it was only 450 miles so they are suppose to work me in this morning..

And if I can get unloaded I was told we have a load that pays $2.40 a mile back down.. That would be nice to have this time of year.. They are calling for snow here today, so here is keeping my fingers crossed for being south before it starts..

With Turky day next week, I called and tried to get a handle on what they have lined up.. We are hoping to pick up Sunday night for Wisconsin and be back in Kansas City area Wednesday morning, off Thursday and back north Friday.. So hopefully this will all work out..

This weeks seattlement was 2200 miles and brought home $1448.00 after all deductions ($1.58 a mile) / the gross was $3778.00 ($1.72 a mile) before deductions.. Not terrible for this time of year..

I felt bad when I stopped in Wichita last week, they had 7 drivers in orientation. I feel like we have too many drivers here right now and wish they would not hire anymore until after March 2016 (when freight starts to move again)..

Well time to go bug the receiving department and start to call Bruenger to let them know to get that load today.. Be safe all...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.