Buchanan Hauling & Rigging

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by dannythetrucker, May 28, 2011.

1. JLynn

JLynn Bobtail Member

May 5, 2011
    Jackson, TN
    Yeah - they were not at all what they were cracked up to be.

They let my man go due to "lack of communication" - which is insane because he had 81 messages in, and 80 going out - responded to everything, they wanted to call his cell phone every 5 minutes and he didn't answer them because they'd repeat the same dumb #### they sent him in messages. He wasn't making any money anyway with the crap they were giving him - so it was OK. Really disappointing because they really talked the company up in orientation, we both had really high hopes for them.

His friend who went through orientation who is an o/o is in the process of suing them already. That's pretty sad. And will be getting out of his contract with them.

My ol man isn't going back to driving for a while; after 9 years he says companies now are too much about how to screw the driver and it's frustrating so he's just going to find something local and forget about driving OTR. At least I'll have him around more :D

But yeah, all and all - Buchanan was a bust. But - hey, that happens. They also have a TON of old lawsuits ... after digging up more information about that company, they are hardly the great place they stoked themselves up to be. But, hey - it happens. Not a big deal. I'm glad someone is out there making money at least :) :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    Man, I'm really sorry to hear it didn't work out for both of you ! Things are still going great for me, I can hardly believe we're talking about the same company. I actually hauled a load last week that paid me close to $800 New York to Fort Wayne ! I did have to wait an extra day to load it, but still that with a couple other loads I hauled made for a hell of a week. Also, their were 9 drivers out there in New York that I got to know a little while we were waiting to load and they all had good things to say about Buchanan. And I also attended the safety meeting last Saturday and the drivers there were also pretty gung-ho.

4. tomence

tomence Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2011
    chicago, il

For $800 a week i wouldnt be sleeping in a truck or a motel. There is so many dadicated runs that are less than 12 hours to complet from start to finish and be home every night and off for weekends and make more than $900. I am surprised there are people like you driving flatbed for $800 a week.

5. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    you don't read very well. I got over $800 for one load, for the week I was around $1400.

6. JLynn

JLynn Bobtail Member

May 5, 2011
    Jackson, TN
    He was talking to his buddy yesterday, and honestly - we think it was the dispatcher. He was a giant dbag anyway, and his buddy got switched to a dispatcher out of Indianapolis from the Ft. Wayne office and so far last week and this week things are going a lot better .... better to the point they are going to be having a meeting to talk about everything and see how they can fix it. So that's good :) My ol' man got a local job and isn't going to go back OTR I don't think for a while .... they did pay well when you could get loads, one week we got a fantastic check - but yeah, like that guy said ... it's not worth hauling a flatbed for $800 a week. The $1400 you made makes it worth it, but not $800.

So it very well is most likely the dbag dispatcher my ol' man and his buddy got stuck with in that office ... it sucks either way because he really did like the concepts of what their company had to offer so it's sad he got a bad taste because of one jerk behind the Qualcom :p

7. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    yep like i was saying its bad news at buchanan
    i didnt think i woul post agian about them but i got an e mail showing some recent posts
    all companies really talk them selfs up in orientation but its really nothing but bull there i didnt know about the law suits not surprised though if u look them up on the fmcsa site i think u might be a little shocked at all the equiment violations
    anyway glad ur hubby got a local job hope its a good one !!
    and to you danny hope the bottom doesnt fall out on ya
    roll on but just a bit of advice have another job lined up
    just in case :biggrin_25517:

8. smugglinggoods

smugglinggoods Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I am based out of oregon and thinking about Buchanan hauling. Anyone had experience with the guys out here? Everyone I have talked to seems to be honest and helpful. I am looking at leasing my truck on with them and pulling one of there stepdecks. Any info would be helpful and appreciated.

9. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    all i can say smugglinggoods is
    STAY AWAY:biggrin_25513: these people are bad news you can look them up at fmcsa site just inter their name and u can look up all their equipment violations their stuff is junk i know a guy who is still there but actively lookn to put his trk some where else i dont want to describe to much in case someone at buchanan reads this i dont want to cause any trouble for him but i will say from day 1 he's had nothing but equipment problems and even after it was proving not to be his fault by their own joke of a shop they still tryed to charge for all the repairs big $$ too any way i havent spoke to him in a couple of weeks and at that time he was saying they keep tring to get him to hall a bunch of cheap junk say its a fight to get good paying frieght even with pulling their double drops and steps ill call him tomarrow and see whats up but i would say look elsewhere cya:biggrin_255:

10. smugglinggoods

smugglinggoods Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate any input I can get. I looked up there safestat info on the fmcsa web site and really compared to other large companies they seem to have basically the same type of report. However I think I may look around for a different company.

11. chrisander

chrisander Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Camas Wa
    I am talking to buchanan rigging and think about joinin them, i live in portland and and will be a local driver out here plus canada, so far tey seem like a good co. have been very upfront about them, could you give me any info on equip type ,condition, average pay for a week or month. thanx

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.