Buckeyes....anyone know??

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by G13Tomcat, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    If I google a route on the phone it tells me where the back ups and / or wreck is automatically. I have no clue how it works, or how it is set up, but i'll be going down the highway, no routing, and it will automatically make a tone and show me back up or accident on the highway i'm on. But if you ask it for a specific route it will tell you where trouble is 1500 miles away right now.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    MANSFIELD - A crash involving two semi tractor-trailers and a car closed part of Interstate 71 for several hours Tuesday night.

The crash happened at 10:27 p.m. in the southbound lanes of I-71, near U.S. 30 in Mifflin Township. Paul Rickert Sr., 38, of Sharon, Pennsylvania, was driving a 1996 International semi when he struck a 2006 Freightliner from behind, according to the Ohio Highway Patrol's Mansfield post.

The other semi driver was John Carmen, 62, of Canton. As a result of the crash, debris was run over by a 2002 Cadillac driven by Shane Babcock, 30, of Clinton, Maine.

Rickert's semi sustained a ruptured fuel tank that resulted in a loss of diesel fuel onto the road. Rickert sustained minor injuries and was transported to OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital.

Carmen was hauling a load of steel that came off the truck during the crash. He was not injured.

Babcock's vehicle may have sustained damage to the undercarriage. He and his passengers were uninjured.

Rickert was cited for failure to maintain a safe driving distance.

**** all I found so far. It was a Fedex Ground that rear ended the other semi, which had a black tractor, so I'm thinking WilTrans Jim Palmer Stevens..... only ones I see around here, and not very often. Thanks for trying to look and check guys, anyone with any other info....be glad to hear. Kinda shook me up.. 20 years of safe driving can be eradicated in a moment. I'm just glad it wasn't super bad..... so i guess.
    Thanks, guys. I need a night off. Gonna let the wife take the wheel tonight,.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.