Bulk IC switching to Van choice!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by sicksfeet, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    It should be in your contract that you can ask to see any invoice for a load you hauled but you have to go to Green Bay to see it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Freightwipper...I couldn't disagree with you more on this comment...you're insinuating that there are no $2 a mile freight except the Northeast... I'm sorry but I'm going to catch you on this... There are $2 a mile freight and quite a few areas, now while you may not halt at $2 mile load on a regular basisthere is still pretty good freight everywhere else for the most part with the exception for certain regions out west and Florida... So don't act like the Northeast is the only place you can make money because it isn't.

Home_on_wheels Thanks this.
  4. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    This is from OOIDA website

Q. My pay is based on the rates my carrier charges the customers. How do I know they’re being straight with me about the rates?
    A. Section 376.12 (g) Copies of freight bill or other form of freight documentation
    "When a lessor’s revenue is based on a percentage of the gross revenue for a shipment, the lease must specify that the authorized carrier will give the lessor, before or at the time of settlement, a copy of the rated freight bill or a computer-generated document containing the same information, or, in the case of contract carriers, any other form of documentation actually used for a shipment containing the same information that would appear on a rated freight bill. When a computer-generated document is provided, the lease will permit lessor to view, during normal business hours, a copy of any actual document underlying the computer-generated document. Regardless of the method of compensation, the lease must permit lessor to examine copies of the carrier’s tariff or, in the case of contract carriers, other documents from which rates and charges are computed, provided that where rates and charges are computed from a contract of a contract carrier, only those portions of the contract containing the same information that would appear on a rated freight bill need be disclosed. The authorized carrier may delete the names of shippers and consignees shown on the freight bill or other form of documentation."
    This section is designed to keep carriers honest when it comes to paying their owner-operators. It entitles you to verify the rates your carrier charges its customers for the loads you haul

http://www.ooida.com/EducationTools/Resources/leasing-regs-qa.asp

xlsdraw, scythe08, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    You're right rickybobby...most ic's aren't aware of that law..but if you're on % pay,then by law you're allowed to see the rate sheet confirmation. ..I agree with you 100%...

scythe08 Thanks this.
  6. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    They can manipulate our Logs they can Manipulate a rate sheet.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  7. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Next time please read through the conversation... TennMan talked about me averaging $2.20 all miles and I replied saying that was a good WEEK and it's rare that I hit $2+ (as in an average ALL miles the truck runs for a week)
    Except the Northeast as in avoiding the Northeast and still averaging $2 all miles for the week.
    I was talking about an average on ALL MILES the truck runs for a week not what single loads pay.
    Sure there's good loads all over you but still have to factor deadhead miles and etc.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  8. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Thank you, I apologize if the tone of my request sounded snotty. The last time I spoke to them about being an I/C was right choice was in its infantcy and there were still CPM options SNI has always gotten extremely defensive and sometimes insulting when I ask questions about the rates. I'm not an I/C (yet)as this was one of the items that really turned me off. I remember there being a coversation several months ago somewhere here, that anotherhad gotten proof the SNI was not giving an accurate 65% and he was going to post proof, and then he was gone or his posts were gone, because I never could find him again.

rickybobby Thanks this.
  9. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    My point in posting freightwippers previous numbers was purely to emphasize that even he (whipper) goes by the Rate per mile.

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

And the blowback for that is probably a cancelled lease.....

I would guess there is a clause that sni can cancel a lease for any reason it wants...

11. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Yes, both parties can cancel the lease.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.