Business Loan Scam

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by 6wheeler, Oct 27, 2016.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    For well over a year now, I get fake phone calls from all over the country asking if I would like a business loan.
    Anyone else get this crap like 2 or 3 times a day?
    I've tried everything, so far Mr. Number works the best.

Road Killer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I get calls from a Realtor in Maryland all the time wanting to list my House in NC. For some reason he thinks I am selling it.

4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Do you own a business that attracts people with very little financial background or understanding of even basic P&L statements? Well then: be prepared to get lots of loan offers!

"No credit check!"
    "You're pre-approved for $250,00 for anything you want!"
    "Do you think borrowing money will dig you out of this hole you're in because you won't stop spending more than you make?"

Etc Etc

I get 2+ calls/junk mailers every day like that. Every. Day.

Worse than cheap freight brokers: Least them I can laugh at/ piss them off for entertainment.

6wheeler and Dye Guardian Thank this.
  5. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I get them every week.

6wheeler Thanks this.
  6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Well, someone is selling your financial status or they wouldn't know to try you. My #1 suspect would be the people I have accounts with.

7. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    I get them in clumps, one month I get them two or three times a day. Then nothing for a few weeks then it starts again. I wish I had set up a land line for a general business number instead of using my cell phone, that would be the one thing I would change.

6wheeler Thanks this.
  8. Slay

Slay Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2015
    There is an app "Should I Answer?". When the $250,000 call comes in you can label it as a telemarketer. When they call again the app says "Telemarketer" and you know not to answer. It is not a perfect solution but it does help.

NEVER press the "Unlist this number" button. If you do they know the number is good and then continue to call it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.