Bynum or PTI (Paper Transport Inc) ?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Haystak88, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    Well, it's that time again to hit the job market. I've been offered by both Bynum, and PTI. I live in Florida, and Bynum is based in FL, and PTI has two yards within two hours from my house. Both offered similar starting pay, Bynum offered .40 and PTI offered .42. Bynum would be traditional OTR, staying out two weeks and home for two days. PTI promises to have you home weekends, for a reset. Now, I realize PTI pays less, but with wait time pay, pay for each stop...it actually balances out. I'm just curious to see what opinions you all may have. Reading reviews on this site it seems both companies seem to be well liked, and no real complaints from either. This is why I'm having a struggle deciding which to go with. Obviously, I would prefer to be home weekends, but if there are any advantages to Bynum I'm not aware of I'd love to hear them. Thanks to all in advance for any input/advice you may have.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    If you're talking about PTI the dry van company then I think it really comes down to what you want to haul, tanker vs van freight? I think you'll find both good and bad about most any company on this forum. If it were me I would go visit both places and have a face to face mtg., that might help you make up your mind.

4. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I drive for bynum if you have any specific question I can answer

5. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    What type of home time do you get? I believe they said out two weeks and home two days. Sound right? Do they keep you running? Good equipment? What areas do you mainly run? Anything else you can think of would be great, thank you.

6. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    One day off for every week out I stay out for 5 weeks and take a week off.
    Our average runs are 16000 plus miles most weeks I get average 3k miles.equipment is pretty good apu in all trucks.fl to ca tx to Canada, cali to upstate ny, mostly juice some milk loads too. No DM just disbatchers they leave you alone for the most part. I think it's a good company

Backatit and Haystak88 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.