CA Speed Limit Sign Petition

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by MississippiTruckr, Sep 5, 2016.

1. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I've been passed by CHP a few times when I was doing 65. In Oregon, it looks like everyone is terrified to go over 55. I was driving how I normally do in CA when I decided that maybe I should slow down since almost no trucks were speeding.

Dharok Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Yea same thing happened to me the first few times I was in Oregon lol... No one really goes over 60 that much. Glad they changed the speed limits in some areas

JC1971 Thanks this.
  4. Joeziah

Joeziah Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    I always feel bad for going 55/56 in CA, especially on the 99.
    Even had a guy do that thing where they jump in front of you and slam their brakes while flipping you off. All because I was going 55 in the slow lane...
    Also, its exceedingly difficult to get over into the left lane when there is a HP or someone on the shoulder because I will almost certainly have to force someone going 70/75 to hit their brakes.
    Nobody knows what the blinky thing is on the side of the truck either, that doesn't help.

5. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Step it up to 60-62. They teach Californians to accelerate their vehicles when they see a blinking yellow light that's why people don't use them. I turn and blink. I don't mind making them slam on their breaks, they do it to me all the time. You either eat or get eaten in CA

bottomdumpin and Bakerman Thank this.
  6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I run 60-62 all day and you're usually fine. I've been pulled over for going 58 on I-5 once though so I guess it's all about the cop

7. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I'll get'r down to 45 or 15 under the commuter limit, at least 10 seconds prior to a speeding vehicle approaching, which invariably invades my perthonal spathe.

Petition this... or that's just for starters, because if a group of them can't figure out how to get around me from a safe distance (and will even slow down to pull in front), then they are a hazard, and my lights are gonna start flashing as I slow down further, preceeding the inevetable dogpile there. Essentially this is the spirit of the law in my book. If it's a crime for me to stay ahead, I'm going just as fast in the opposite direction (relatively speaking).

Well, it isn't all that perthonal, other than being held accountable in the gayest way for those who are either not being regulated or not following their regulations, and that's really beyond me (so I'd like to keep it there).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Seems like if that was actually the case we'd see a lot more 4wheelers jerking pop-up campers or jet skis down the highway at 85mph on the shoulder with strobes behind them.... but we don't.

I'm out there frequently, and I notice these things. They don't enforce "ANY VEHICLE PULLING A TRAILER 55"

9. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    lol there's almost 4x more replies to this thread as there are signatures on that petition. After 3 weeks.

Dharok and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Just out of curiousity, do they check personal vehicles for compliance like they do trucks? I've wanted to take a road trip down that way but lets just say my pickup has a few things on it that aren't exactly CARB compliant.

11. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    When you first register a car you have to smog it. For diesels they just plug into the computer and make sure there are no codes. For gasoline it varies, from a visual + stationary tailpipe emission check to a loaded dyno. Each tester is different -- some throw a

There are some rural counties that don't require periodic smogs, but most of the state needs to do it every 2 years (brand new cars are exempt for a few extra years).

AModelCat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.