California laws

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jdm5jdm5, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Jdm5jdm5

Jdm5jdm5 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Will/can i get a ticket if my trailer doesn't have the skirt on it? And will they let you slide going 65 mph? What's the max speed you would recommend?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    I don't know if they enforce the CARB rules but I wouldn't go faster than 61 mph in Cali. And stay out of the left lane.

rabbiporkchop and bottomdumpin Thank this.
  4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Try it, and let us know how it turns out for you.

Boattlebot and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I'd stay 61 and under.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Plenty of trailers running around California without skirts. California requires a certain percentage of the fleet be skirted, if they run California. That number is not 100%. If you are part of a small operation/fleet then this changes things but I would not worry about it regardless. I always run 60-63 and never have been stopped and have been looked at by more then a few CHP at that speed. But local and county cops are likely hit and miss about enforcement.

ExOTR Thanks this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    If I'm not mistaken the skirt law is for trailers made after a set date.

8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I run 62-64 in California depending on location. Never been stopped, never even got a second glance.

As for the trailers, I honestly think California is probably too scared to really start enforcing it.

Besides just look at the trucks based out of California, some of them are falling apart.

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Man i dont know how anyone lives in that state at all. So many laws its like its run by a dictator. I remember reading they wanted,to control home thermostats by remote and ban vehicles painted in black because of the increased emissions using the ac.

lfod14, bzinger and RustyChops41 Thank this.
  10. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    It's really not that bad besides all of the CARB stuff. And every scale is a super coop lol. Other than that it's not bad

11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    KARB and the environmentalists have a lot of friends in Sacramental which is why they get these laws passed despite evidence that the studies are flawed and the scientists in charge of those studies would be barely competent to run a McDonald's drive through. Like many state capitals, Sacramental has lost touch with the rest of the state. The trucking company owners and produce company owners who can ill aford the quagmire that will result if California actually starts enforcing these ridiculous regulations.

The state is cash-strapped and I'm sure the CHP won't be happy about having to spend more resources to assist the KARB nazis when they enforce these regs.

Not to mention that California blew all that money on that KARB weigh station near Primm, NV while quite a few CHP weigh stations don't even have a legitimate bathroom.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.