Camaro and pickup causes accident on the NY Thruway.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by rasymacmac21, Apr 27, 2015.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    actually...I'm back on my old S3...with a cracked screen. The Note decided to stop allowing my FoxFi to work so it got donated to my wife...I feel like I am using a kids toy.

tucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Had something similar happen just yesterday...Hauling another 12' wide excavator down the interstate, and noticed another idiot in a "mini"SUV tailgating me. I was in the middle of 3 lanes, following a tarped skateboard at a safe distance. Traffic was moving reasonably faster in the hammer lane (restricted to trucks), but apparently not fast enough for mr. SUV. He suddenly swerves into the slow lane thinking he's gonna sack me on the right. Unfortunately for him, there was a senior citizen towing a 5th wheel travel trailer going about 10-under, that was the cause for all the trucks piled up in the middle lane. I have to admit, since I drive an UN-governed rig, I had to give it a little throttle when I saw him making his move, because even though he technically had the room to zip back in front of me before creaming the 5th wheeler, there would have been less than 5' of clearance making it extremely dangerous. So I eased up just a touch closing the door on mr. impatient, then shook my head as he still pulled all the way up to my steers to eyeball it, before deciding he couldn't make it, and had to slowly drop back, merge back to the hammer lane, and proceed to pass me at the normal flow of traffic.....If he would have just done it right the first time, he would have already been down the road.....

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Am I the only one who thinks the Camaro intentionally wrecked the pickup? (We're not dealing with a rocket surgeon here).

Some say he lost control, I think he turned directly into the Dodge intending for him to crush under the semi.

Attempted vehicular manslaughter here.

As for some who say, "the pickup driver averted a bigger wreck,,," this one involved 2 automobiles and a tractor trailer. How much bigger can it get?!?
    (I know, I know, the bus load of nuns & orphans was at the next exit ramp)

tsavory and Shaggy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.