Camera? Not on my watch

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by north cakalacki, Oct 28, 2015.

1. north cakalacki

north cakalacki Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Louisville KY
    My company has been putting cameras in all their trucks but mine was held off cause the shop knew I didn't want it. Times up, hq told them to put it in. Road and driver facing, they installed the cameras I called my dispatcher and now the truck sit's on the yard waiting for a new driver. Now unemployed, no worries many other trucking companies and I just might try the o/o thing. Have done lots of research and think this might be a blessing in disguise. If all the drivers had done what I did the company would bow and not put them in. To each his own, the company pays the insurance so they can do what they want to the truck, but I sure as he'll ain't got to drive it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    If they put a camera in my truck all they'll see is me cleaning my stuff out, followed by me flipping off the lens.

Too many drivers are willing to bend over and spread em, but not me.

I know a guy that works for a company that put cameras in the cab in his truck. They told them it only records when a critical event such as hard braking occurs.

But then he got called into safety office and he got written up for holding his coffee cup too long. Another driver there got written up for unsnapping his seat belt as he was pulling into fuel island.

It's all BS, time for ev1 to stand up for themselves and stop being walked on like a doormat.

JRTBud87, lraper, minirack and 31 others Thank this.
  4. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Good job driver. Hats off to you. Good luck in your job search!

5. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I for one am glad someone is taking a stand, for what it's worth.

GoldenLad, Marky84, MattyB6T and 7 others Thank this.
  6. tango

tango Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Haltom City Texas
    I guess I am a little in the wonder why they are putting cameras in the cab facing the drivers. I am sure someone will enlighten me on this.

zentrucking Thanks this.
  7. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Cause we are running short of entertainment. 99.9% percent of CDL holders are idiot's, but they make awesome videos.

8. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I'm in the same boat, they are wanting to install cameras at my company but first I may be forced into an auto shift, as all our new trucks coming in are autos now.

Been there, done that, it's not my thing and I'm sure not going to run team with my spouse in a truck that records our every conversation and pipes our privaacy and intimacy into our company's office.

I've been clear on these issues and am prepared to walk away. Kudos for doing the same.

9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Good job!

Camera would be a fast walk away for me too.
    An automatic transmission would be as well.

10. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Guess I'm getting old, driving in the city all day, I am beginning to like the automatics. They can keep the cameras though

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I wrote a review of my thoughts of the Drivecam in a Crete thread, there would never be a reason the driver facing camera would help a driver. Or a company employing a driver in any situation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.