Camera? Not on my watch

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by north cakalacki, Oct 28, 2015.

1. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    ... With a micro chip they won't even need a dedicated drone
    Yet you without it, you won't be able to buy or sell.
    ... You would think with all this technology and prosperity, men's heart would grow warmer & satisfied
    ....... Hmmmm

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    $160,000 truck eh? Seems you are overpaying quite a bit for your tractors! Don't mean to be rude, but I know some of the prices that some of the big-boys are paying, and you can't tell me you are paying almost double.

4. Regency Transportation

Regency Transportation Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Franklin, MA
    that's about the going rate for a 2016 Freightliner Cascadia sleeper..

5. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    As a driver with a camera in my truck, I frequently find myself cussing out other drivers and then looking to the camera for affirmation. Looking straight into the camera, I'll scream, "You saw it right!? Look what that idiot did.." I'm trying to make management uncomfortable.

SheepDog and TB John Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Oops, I just accidentally tossed some fishing line up in the air. :cool:

SheepDog Thanks this.
  7. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    ... I hear that song by
    The police
    " I'll be watching you "
    My company has GPS on all of us drivers, I don't mind if they look at me from the sky... But don't stick a camera in my face!!!
    I would even perfer 360 outside view cameras on my rig, if they really want to talk safety & lawsuit prevention

tseders93 Thanks this.
  8. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Wanna know what really makes trucking safe?

Not climbing in the cab and leaving the rig parked.

snowlauncher and Teivel VP Thank this.
  9. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Now if it could only make trucking as lucrative as it did safe. We'd all be parked millionaires inside of a week.

tseders93 Thanks this.
  10. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    I drive local and have a dash cam, it's so sensitive mine goes off every decent bump, making a turn and drop+hook. Records for 14 seconds, front facing, facing me and runs sound.. It started as a only serious accident thing (when we got em they said there just there to save out butts in a accident) but has turned into the man trying to nit pick driving habits from a cubicle. I.e. Seatbelt in parking lots(no bs) and the list goes on of nit picking from the company handbook, even had the safety guy joke with me about private phone conversations (Bluetooth only) I have had when the camera is recording. If I was otr again the dash cam would definetley be a deal breaker but willing to put up with a little more to go home everyday. The sound from the dash cam bothers me the worst. I have buddies at other companies with em and theirs aren't as sensitive as ours, they say theirs only record for critical events. (Maybe better but still got the man holding your hand). The other night at work I counted 16 times(@14seconds)the cam recorded, wouldn't be as bad if the commies I worked for didn't have em so sensitive and they didn't record sound. Maybe I'm still stuck in the past with the truck being my personal space. Rant over. On a side note our cams are easy to unplug, may be next course of action if they get to carried away. It isn't like trucking companies fire anyone. Lol

11. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    At my company they don't record sound and they cannot remotely access them, but must remove the chip to get the data. On many of the cameras, an error message is displayed just under the camera lens which states the recording device is full. I don't mind it so much but god help them if they ever start to let on that they abuse this camera for anything other than its intended purpose.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.