Camera's now at SRT?

Discussion in 'SRT' started by treyzguy, Apr 29, 2013.

1. treyzguy

treyzguy Light Load Member

May 11, 2011
    Texarkana, Ar
    Now...Southern Refrigerated Transport (SRT) is installing in-cab cameras in the '14 model trucks. I see some with them, and some without. So, maybe its just a test program. But, from my experience with "test programs"..it usually ends up standard SOP.
    I have a company '13 model KW, which did not come with a camera, I have my own, and I understand the need for forward looking cams and some creedance of in-cab, but not enough to justify it against the ramifications of doing so. Drivers do not want to be that micro-managed. It robs us of the one thing that led us to the freedom of driving in the first place. If you ask any driver what brought him to the job, great pay is not it. Freedom of the road..open road, new places, no boss over your shoulder. Freedom...that's it
    Insurance companies are driving this occupation and industry into the ground. The industry is punished for the faults of bad, un-professional, and criminal companies. The proverbial "shutting of the barn door after the horse has gone".
    I love driving, and I miss the old days. Some changes are good and have been successful. But, at what costs? A police state? Everyone driving 55 mph? What a nightmare..
    Ad finem epistula, I will not be spied upon. I truly hope that it does not become a reality.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    get used to it, drive cams peering at the driver are here to stay. my company is getting them in our next yr model trucks. By the same companies who hired people who have no business driving a car let alone a truck

4. walstib

walstib Darkstar

I use a dash cam for my own protection...If it's facing inside, I wouldn't knock on door... ;-)

5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Lol dash cams can hurt u or save you. I bought one after I changed my company's they said do not use it.

6. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    I want a dash cam. And a camera for each side of the truck.

Now if it is facing the driver I might have to resort to driving with no pants until those monitoring the cameras were thoroughly blinded by my pasty white ###.

Boghosian88 Thanks this.
  7. Down the road

Down the road Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2012
    If any driver allows a camera to watch them while they drive they are simply a sucker waiting to be blamed for something because of what is percieved from a camera.

I cannot even believe that there are drivers out there that allow this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.