Can anyone recommend a physician that will "work with me" for my DOT physical blood pressure in GA?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by averagedude, Jul 25, 2016.

1. averagedude

averagedude Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2016
    So basically I have been working on lowering my blood pressure naturally. It has been high as 188/110 last month and have got it down to as low as 135/80 by exercising, cutting sodium and sugar and fast food and eating better, but unfortunately time is running out as I need to get into a sponsored trucking school soon since bills are piling up. I know that when I go into the doctors office, my blood pressure will spike and I most likely wont make the requirement of 140/90. At the very least, I need to have a chance to lay in a dark room for 15 minutes to let it drop. I've heard stories of some doctors not allowing you to do that. It would also be nice to find a doctor that understands these things even if I come just a few points above the limit.

I currently reside in Georgia. Can anyone please recommend me a place where the doctor "understands what time it is" on the national registry list?

Would be much appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

135/80 is a pass, two year med card. I used to take a shot of apple cider vinegar. Every day. No smoking or drinking. AT ALL!!!!

4. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    they have meds that for this problem.
    I take the minimum dose and am fine.
    cost $2.50/month, with insurance.

Eeyore05 Thanks this.
  5. donkeyshow72

donkeyshow72 Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Try beets. The nitrates lower blood pressure. And lay off coffee and cigarettes

6. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Look for a sign on the door that says "Cash Only"
    That's usually a good sign. A place by me is $40 cash for a two year card, minimalistic "checkup".

Typically a small shop in a strip mall. They'll often do drug tests too. There are places like this almost everywhere.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  7. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Get your own personal physician to give you a prescription for Maxzide. It will have you normal in 2 days.

Then go for your DOT physical. Answer all questions on the form "No" and don't mention the Maxzide.

Two-year card.

8. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    If you're a vet, go to the VA. They will give you something for your BP. There used to be a Dr. at the Petro in Atlanta that gave D.O.T. Physicals. He was in one of those offices outside the Petro.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  9. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    As noted in the forum, some companies will only allow you to take the physical using their physicians only. It has also been in the forum that a driver may already have a 2 year medical card, and still be required to take the physical all over again.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

paul_4lp and justa_driver Thank this.
  10. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    The only drawback to this solution is that Maxzide may show up in a drug test, something to SERIOUSLY think about.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

justa_driver and alghazi Thank this.
  11. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    As long as he has a prescription for the medicine, it wont matter as long as he lists that hes taking them. I am taking 2 blood pressure medications, a blood thinner medication and another B12 medication and I don't have any problem passing a drug test. I have to list everything I'm taking though on the sheet before the test.

They said my blood pressure was not that bad but they put me on them because they put stints in my heart and I have a blood clot in my leg so they are keeping my blood pressure down around 115/70.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.