Can anyone refer a good truck sales lot ?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by peterrumbler, May 30, 2016.

1. peterrumbler

peterrumbler Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I want to buy a truck but cannot find a reliable dealer, I do not want a brand new truck but a used truck that will not break down during the firsts weeks of ownership. Is there a great used dealer out there ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigrig0625

Bigrig0625 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2016
    It's hit or miss with any used truck dealer. I've heard good and bad about Baskins out of Tennessee. Problem with buying used is that you only get to test drive the truck bobtail which doesn't really tell you a whole lot. Just have to go off specs and opinions I suppose. Good luck and I hope you get a good one.
    P.S. stay away from the Mercedes engines. They're going real cheap and for good reason!

4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Can't get any guarantees that won't happen, even with a new truck ... the best you can hope for is to find a dealer that will back their truck for repairs, regardless of where you happen to be when it breaks down ... and good luck with that, most of them will want you to bring it back to their shop or take it a short list of desiginated shops.

5. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    On a used truck, if you figure an average of $1200 per month for maintenance and repairs, you will come out about right at the end of the year. Used trucks will usually have quite a few problems that you will encounter after you buy them, it has nothing to do with the dealer, it has to do with the previous owner and how much they let go before trade in or lease return.

RERM Thanks this.
  6. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    The large companies buy new. That is because they know something.

7. Fate12

Fate12 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2016
    If ur looking to buy a truck I can't really recommend any sales lots but I can tell u to stay away from Arrow Truck sales u will have another but headaches from them if u get a truck with a DEF regeneration system.

I can tell u if u want a good truck I would go for a truck that is older then a 2010 that had either a DPF regen system or no regen system like a truck that is older. Yes it may cost u more up front if something goes wrong with the truck but it won't cost u nearly as much in the long run because it will last u longer.

People say buy new it's better to me not really because if they truck is going to break down it doesn't matter if it's new or used. It's not if the truck breaks down its when, and alot of these companies tell u the trucks good and yes it may look good but that's about it. So if ur going to buy a used truck make sure u check it over before u sign and if they have the I section sheets and the repair bills for the truck on what it has had done that's plus because it will help u out alot in the long run.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.