Can you make money teaming at CRST?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Florida Playboy, Oct 27, 2013.

1. rockstar_nj

rockstar_nj Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Cape May Court House, NJ

true, but a lot of better companies pay tasks on a different rate to offset the fact that splitting miles or pay, so you end up occasionally making a little more buy tanning.

But what people need to start remembering, ids the truck is going twice the distance and you're getting paid for half the lead. your 3000 mile team load is really just like a 1500 mile solo load. Because of that, doing multiple short distance loads in a solo truck actually makes you more money than teaming. The point is to benefit the company, not the driver. Teaming is best for husband and wife who bank all that money together. But your typical team, Just doesn't pay

Nicksranger01 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MissJyss

MissJyss Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Florida
    I didnt mind CRST at all. My fiance and I did our 8 months. Wasnt all that bbad except for our Volvo always had electrical problems but that was no fault of CRST and they always paid our breakdown pay. We fulfilled our contract and are now at Conway Truckload bringing in steady $10k/month combined. You gotta do your time to get somewhere good. And thats with any industry.

4. Dubious Bravado

Dubious Bravado Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Oakland, California
    ...most weeks I transfer a $1000 bucks into my checking account after deductions.

I'm a Lead Driver with a new student every month, you have to decide if that is good money or not.

5. rockstar_nj

rockstar_nj Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Cape May Court House, NJ
    I don't know how you guys do it. Only 2 months from being able to go solo, and the wait is making this the longest 2 months ever. I HATE not having any real privacy, or the freedom to manage my time how a solo can. I'd go insane having these same reasons to hate this on top of a brand new driver at the quality this company likes to hire. You lead drivers have a ton of patience.

But you're pretty much the only way teaming pays here. The split miles is why teaming is hardly ever worth it, we make the same money, CRST doubles productivity.

But for a husband and wife, teaming and giving up living in a house is an insane amount of money for driving a truck

6. abbyp88

abbyp88 Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Northeastern TN
    I am approaching my eight month mark as well (actually just a week away). To answer the initial question, you're not going to make a ton starting out. It's that way across the board especially if you are coming in with 0 experience. However, if you get your time in and get to that last raise, you can make some decent money IF you can get a good co-driver. I've not had any issues with trucks and have had two good co-drivers, so I can't complain too much. Dispatch does make you scratch your head every now and then, but my two FMs have been an excellent resource.

I am staying with the company until mid-February just to keep teaming with my current co-driver (wouldn't make sense to try and find something until after the dead months).

7. tom obsonh

tom obsonh Bobtail Member

May 22, 2015
    don't do it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.