Canada - Anybody familiar with CCLP Designation from CITT or Equivalent?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by derekeverett, May 14, 2016.

1. derekeverett

derekeverett Bobtail Member

May 14, 2016
    I'm looking at the program offered online at CITT (Canadian Institute of Traffic & Transportation) called CCLP (Certified Canadian Logistics Professional). Does anybody here have opinions or experience with this certification or an equivalent that they could share and help me make a decision on whether or not this program is a good idea for me?

I'm 40 years old, and I'm fairly new to the industry. I have almost 20 years of experience dispatching, but it was in the taxi business. A year ago, I took a part time job with a small freight broker outfit in town, and I'm starting to feel like it's time to get some education in this field. At some point I'd like to have the option of working for a larger carrier, or perhaps handling the freight arrangements for a manufacturer.

I recently met with a carrier agent/salesman who earned his CCLP last year. He had nothing but good things to say about the program, which was encouraging, but I'm looking for all the input I can get on the subject.

Thanks everybody.

dancecanyon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancecanyon

dancecanyon Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2015
    i haven't found anything on the forums--this one nor the canadian one. however, i did find this on a shipping industry website:

http://www.canadianshipper.com/features/your-logistics-future/

you are--nor am i finding--much of a response on here or other forums because these are geared more towards Drivers. what you seem to be exploring--and i'm thinking of transitioning into at some point into the future--is a management/'suit' position.

from what i've seen from my dispatch--many don't wear suits--they are super stressed and seem to be the person most accessible by clients/brokers/deliveries/pick-ups. that would be my hesitation to be in dispatch--i don't want to talk to peopled that much. but there must be other areas within the offices to head into.

good luck and if you find anything else out, please share.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.