Cant get loads... Sitting, not making $

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mom, May 19, 2016.

1. mom

mom Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2014
    My boy was young, and started with Schneider directly from schooling, a little over 2 years ago. He's learned a bunch, which is good. He has had a lot of breakdowns, but has also learned that a ton of the shops either dont bother to fix things the way they should, or, they dont fix it at all, and claim it's fixed, only to end up in the next shop.
    Over the past 6 months or so, he has been fighting Schneider for miles. He was regional, and then jumped to otr, as they told him they could give him more miles, which, didnt happen. His driving record is excellant, and he's now 24 years old with a little more than two years experience. Last week he sat for 3 days, with them telling him there were no loads. The week before, they shuffled him around Chicago, where he was getting MAYBE 80 miles per day. They keep telling him there are just no loads, and he is fed up with fighting them. If all of this isnt bad enough, he gives them a three week notice of what day he must be home by, and they still dont get him home til two or three days later... He was supposed to be home by today, and he is now 800 miles away, and they literally just told him that they have no load to get him home, nor a plan to do so.
    Anyone else with these problems?
    Any advice for where to apply to that will actually give him regular work, and treat him well? He's on the verge of quitting.

Blondieone and xlsdraw Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    What your son is experiencing is quite common in the industry. What city are you located in? Knowing where you're located might help us make some recommendations

Blondieone, mom and xlsdraw Thank this.
  4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    tell him to quit. right now. throw the keys in their face and walk.

paying any attentIon to the economy? whats happening in chinas economwe move when theres frieght to move.

or he can try a dedicated account. I'd tell him to go somewhere else though. for sure. hell maybe he should lease somewhere. look up truckers couch. tell ya all you need to know.

think its great though, you only show ip to ##### for him. good times.

5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    No need to be sitting like that. Time to move on.

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Just quit. Maybe the next company that blows smoke up his ### will be at least marginally better.

mom Thanks this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Why do I feel this is worriedmom all over?

If you really want to start stuff, head over to wippers thread, stupid arguments occur hourly over there,

misterG, Starboyjim and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Send him to Crete. He would start @ .45 or .46 cpm. Don't have to run big miles there to survive.

9. mom

mom Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Just telling it as I'm being told. He's out of DesMoines. I told him to take his vacation asap, and then give notice.

10. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Its only common if drivers allow it to happen. Ive learned being an Owner Operator over the past 13 years that you can about get a load from any point A to any point B in the US. I wouldn't even give them an opportunity, id put in my notice and be looking for a more regional job. Being in Des Moines ….there are plenty of companies willing to just run him midwest…. assuming he has a good driving record….

mom Thanks this.
  11. mom

mom Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Des Moines, Ia. And since they cant work him full time, then he has to move on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.