Cant get loads... Sitting, not making $

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mom, May 19, 2016.

1. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tazman74

tazman74 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Albert Lea, Mn
    Eeyore05 Thanks this.
  4. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
    I hear that a lot...

5. Germangirl

Germangirl Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    All over
    Schneider is one of the largest companies. It's not true that they don't have freight. I wouldn't switch jobs; but I would talk with the fleet manager's supervisor or their boss, to get a new fleet manager.

Bo Hunt Thanks this.
  6. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Schneider, one of the major transportation combines in the world, doesn't have freight out of the midwest for a 24 year old driver with a perfect record? Hmmmmm......once again, something just doesn't add up.

Like this phrase, for example: "He has had a lot of breakdowns..." Oh, really? I wonder, could those breakdowns somehow be involved with the short miles? It's true that sometimes a driver is in the wrong place at the wrong time and it's hard to get rolling. But.....Schneider? Heck, they have all the freight, don't they?

7. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    I go to Des Moines (Urbandale) every time I set out from home. I've never had a problem, maybe 20 trips there. Deadhead 150 miles to Hamburg is about the most I've had to work for a load. Just sayin'.

Omaha, Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Davenport, , Effingham, Chicago - no freight?

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I read this first post with a sense of this is so common. Shorting miles.

Let's see. Listen carefully here. I had a company short my miles progressively after a minor incident in which a load was late. I fell back onto my savings kept mouth shut and kept trucking. Miles get shorter.

Finally I was pulled into headquaters and asked straight out am I independently wealthy? I was not supposed to be able to keep driving this long on short miles from dispatch.

I quit. Went to state unemployment and sued the company for benefits citing consistent short miles which prevented me from maintaining a physical and mental ability to go do the work required of me when it was required of me. There is case law going to the supreme court in Maryland based on that.

WHen a dispatch of 15,000 tractors and two times that number of trailers in the big pumpkin across several different and distinct divisions, tanker, flat, intermodal, van etc etc etc etc say there is no loads. Take your savings, vacation time turn in three weeks notice and get the *&^% out ideally STRAIGHT Into a new orientation which should be a company hiring you on good terms after leaving the pumpkin.

I did that several times in my life and was very successful. I actually was on the phone to JBH two days before I showed up in Little ROck with a orientation that week. SO parked one company, say good bye and thank you sirs and drove home then to little rock and back in a new truck with new everything and possibilities.

Smooth.

That is my suggestion. Not JBH. Look around see what is out there. Important to cut losses by being smooth and not combative or confrontational. There is going to be 50 drivers out of school waiting to take your tractor out of orientation next week. Don't worry or stress about that.

By the way quitting that one outfit the way I did carried a secret price. I got blacklisted from the steel industry flatbed work. It's been 20 plus years I think it's either a life blacklist (I pulled DAC and it's whistle clean as of two weeks ago) or it's expired in statue of limiations and unlikely to be brought up because I only need 7 years of employment history which is zero in a big truck since 2009 anyhow.

It's amazing how these things work out. 31 years on the big road erased to a zero on a sheet of paper.

clausland Thanks this.
  9. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Fyi: Schneider /jb/werner /swift combined haul just %5 of Freight. ......Lots of companies to choose from. ......

10. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    I don't believe this post. At all. Been running around Des Moines all week. There's a ton of freight here. Mom is a troll stirring things up imo. Feel free to come find me. Sitting at Des Moines until tomorrow morning. Need a 34 with all the DRIVING I've been doing

drvrtech77 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.