Cant update info through driver portal

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MuscleBro, Sep 16, 2016.

1. MuscleBro

MuscleBro Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Trying to simply update my information so that I can set up direct deposit is just irritating. I have tried to update my information at the kiosks and often times I'm just not at a terminal long enough to piss around bunching my feet up standing perfectly still with my knees locked so the emmeffer doesn't log me out while I put in information only for the system to inform me that the information I am inputting is not satisfactory. I decided that the already time consuming and frustrating process would be done easier while I have the time and information on hand at home.

Apparently that isn't possible because no matter what PC I use I get an error stating that the DNS server cannot be found when I select to update my info. Is this just a thing that has been and always will be? Is the system acting up? Is this something that just MUST be done at a kiosk? Lastly, and most importantly, is there a fix to this as simple as using a browser other than chrome or firefox?

Thank you in advance folks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It has to be done on a kiosk at a terminal. It will not work over the internet, by any browser.
    It is a security issue. I'm sure you would not want someone to change your information via the web if they happened to find out your log in?

Is it really that hard to keep a foot on the pad while you are standing in front of the kiosk?
    And if you are told that the information is incorrect, seek help at the terminal from someone that understands what is needed.

Sometimes a little patients can go a long way.
    Especially when setting up direct deposit. That screen can be very confusing.
    It has been too long since I set it up, but I had a terrible time until I found the correct box to check. It was down at the bottom.

4. MuscleBro

MuscleBro Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2014
    From the privacy of my own home, behind my own security measures I feel my information is safer, and unless the kiosks use an intranet network that is only connected to Swift computers, then the kiosk is no safer. Not to mention at my home, the possibility of somebody I don't know standing behind me taking down my information is less likely.

But now that I know I have to use these stupid kiosks I'll practice not making a single twitch since that's all it takes for the #### thing to shut off.

5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Your thinking is too localized.

How about if the Swift database was hacked by someone in China, for example.
    If that information could be changed over the internet, many drivers might suddenly have their pay going to a new direct deposit account in China.

6. MuscleBro

MuscleBro Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2014
    If their database is hacked then it doesn't matter where someone is inputting the information from, the information is in the Swift servers and people who updated their info at a kiosk are still gonna be a victim of theft.

Either way, I've accepted that I have to put it in at the kiosk. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Midget race?
    Patients / patience..... Tomayto / tomahto.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You got me.

I'm sure there are a lot of people laughing right now, including the mods.

KillingTime Thanks this.
  9. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    It was the visual which popped into my head.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  10. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

That's exactly the case. The kiosks are VPNed into the Phoenix intranet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.