Car hauler killed unloading

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by georgeandson, Jun 28, 2015.

1. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    I use the same rule loading and unloading on the street as I use at the race track. NEVER turn your back on a moving vehicle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrianE

BrianE Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Livingston Texas
    I see this almost every day on my drive to work. What adds fuel to the fire is some jackwagon in a hurry that won't let you move over a lane to give space to someone broke down on the side of the road.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  4. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    This is why I crawl under the trailer to operate a lift gate, when I have to park in the middle of the road with one, sometimes I question if it's me being too cautious, but after seeing this, I don't think you can be too cautious. Sure, someone could drive into it once it's down, though I'd have more room to get out of the way, versus instantaniously falling under a trailer when standing beside it to operate the lift.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  5. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    I went back and looked at the original security cam video, and it appears that someone was using a phone to record the footage from a security cam monitor.

I was born and raised about 7-8 miles from where this accident occurred (thanks Joseph for the link to the local paper!). This part of the highway is one way (this is N-bound side, with the S-bound side a block away behind the buildings across from the car hauler) and is (or used to be, still appears so...) three lanes and a speed limit of 35 mph, and less than a block further down is a stoplight. This scumbag 4-wheeler was definitely speeding along with not paying any attention whatsoever! He never even let off the throttle......

RIP driver.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.