car hooked up with DOT bumper))) LOL

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Pablo-UA, May 8, 2015.

1. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine

I love this video)) LOL

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    Kindle, baha, Chinatown and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    "Ima just take this, k, thxs"

Karma for double parking but still driver fault :(

4. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    This is Krone tridem trailer. It has long distance from bumper to trailer central axle and if u turn right u have to check area on driver's side.

I operate my Freightliner with Schwarzmuller of the same configuration. I had some close calls too)

double yellow Thanks this.
  5. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I wanted to laugh when I saw this, but it was too painful. Had a driver make an ill advised, almost illegal U-turn into a parking lot couple of weeks back, hit my wife's car with his DOT bumper, took the back bumper off her car, put a crease in the fender, and cracked a taillight. She was legally parked along the curb and at work when it happened, driver took responsibility for it, didn't have much choice since all 20 employees of the tire store he was delivering to watched him do it.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Reminds me of School buses, That over hang can't be ignored attempting to pass when they turn.

7. blanco

blanco Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Gwinnett County, GA
    In mother russia

8. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    That was fastest cleanest "Hook and Tow" I have ever seen, guy has a career in Re-po for sure!!!

9. EHB

EHB Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Newfoundland
    You are very correct,
    Many forget about over hang when they move the axles forward.

Get really tricky and dangerous in truck stops with wagging trailers all over the place.
    Many a truck has been damaged by drivers forgetting where their trailer's rear bumpers ends are.

I try to keep my trailer axles at the rear as much as possible, unless I am in a really spot tight and have no other choice.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  10. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I've gotten in more trouble with straight trucks than with tt's because of that swing out. Oi!

11. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Dag nab it! I should have stopped to take a picture of a classic I saw today on Garth Brooks Drive (OK-92) just north of exit 136 off I-40. Went by it this afternoon.

A truck pulling an apparently empty dry van was making a right turn onto Andrew Drive and a 4-wheeler tried the bone headed move of trying to cut inside him. When we passed the scene the car was pinned between the tall curb and the middle of the van, tilted up at about a 45º angle, which in turned had the trailer tandems of the truck up in the air.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.