CARB regulations, enforcement, fines & direct experiences

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by jpeters72155, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    And that's the market I am speaking about. If a shipper doesn't allow someone to haul their product because of a state requirement, then that means that the state is dictating to that trucker through the shipper.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crazystalin

crazystalin Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    NC
    I have a few questions. Since all this carb crap is cause of California. Let say a state like Texas. They decide carb bs is no good and pass law saying you can not have def, regen stuff on truck. Has to be pre carb truck. Would that fly the same as California regulations makes people use carb stuff. Just a thought.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    No because the current federal emissions laws for newer trucks would override the ban. The whole CARB deal is a giant goat rope but what are you going to do. Different groups have sued and continue to lose.

5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    At which point we should all tell them to get bent.

Camelclutch and scottied67 Thank this.
  6. DocHoof

DocHoof Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2014
    I am still amazed that the CARB law is in effect. OOIDA sued, but from my honest opinion, should have sued them in Federal Court, not District Court. The district court the lawsuit was thrown out of due to not naming the EPA as codefendants is run by the state of California. This case effects interstate commerce and therefore should have been filed in the 5th Circuit Court in DC, not California. And seeing as how it's been over a year since the case was thrown out and no refiling of the case has been made, I tend to think that OOIDA was all smoke and mirrors. As an independent O/O, I am half tempted to file a lawsuit against CARB. With the new IFTA regs, I still have to pay my annual registration taxes to a state that will not allow my truck in. If the state can forbid me from running a particular truck, and it is cost ineffective to upgrade, I should not be required to pay a fuel tax to said state.

thejackal and scottied67 Thank this.
  7. bess

bess Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2012

8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
  9. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
  10. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    What a money grab, read the Amazon settlement, they sold 257 scooters! that were not deemed emissions legal in cali. the settlement calls for Amazon to write a check to CARB for 64,500 wtf, scooters.
    That fine is more than all the scooters cost, lol Must have been so dirty #### scooters!!

canadianredneck Thanks this.
  11. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    They went after the Boys and Girls club? Really? They're not even for profit!!!

Have 2 trucks? You need to buy a $1200 smoke tester and document annual inspections...

God I hate the California government...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.