CARB

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by JRTBud87, Jul 14, 2015.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    We could have beaten CARB and maybe still can the same way we beat Prohibition. Yes they can put someone out of service or tow their vehicle to the border but what kind of bad PR would that bring them if they did that to 200 or 2000 trucks not to mention the economic destruction of small businesses from doing that.

I think International is being sued by big truck companies over their faulty emission engines. Imagine what could happen if they have to pay billions out and other engine manufacturers see that and simply stop making CARB compliant engines any more the way Cat did.

Mr.X Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    The only authority CARB "officers" have is to write a citation. They are not "actual" LEO's. CHP will not enforce ANY, or inspect ANY CARB rules or regulations. The top cop at CHP has stated this publicly and to many trucking organizations within CA. The CHP is not an arm of the CA-EPA, and will not assume any authority not directly given them from the CA legislature.

And just for info...trailer skirts are required on only 28% of trailers owned and operated by any company.

double yellow and Mr.X Thank this.
  4. Camelclutch

Camelclutch Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Anaheim, California
    Sup guys, I work and live in so cal, my 1992 truck and I will have to go spend our money outta state. My truck has been owned and driven by me and rebuilt twice. 10-4 on all the multi colored freight shakers working for free.I would love to know how many BARRELS of oil and fuel it takes to manufacture all of these new trucks not to mention how much more fuel they consume, or that you have to do more miles to pay for all this Good job California, $AVE our environmento_O.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. Camelclutch

Camelclutch Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Anaheim, California
    [QUTE="buzzarddriver, post: 4702719, member: 59926"]http://www.livetrucking.com/cali-bu...g-information-that-can-prove-dangers-of-dpfs/

Maybe this will open some eyes in the CA legislature.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry but their eyes are wide open. So are their greedy mouths. SAFETY is why all this started , right???? Turns out a truck burning to the ground puts out more ppm of Nox than 500000 trucks running all year? Well I'll b dipped and rolled :eek:
    ..imagine that

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Before you go bragging about your CB Radio Law degree you should spend a few hours browsing the CARB website. CHP does assist CARB and CARB officers will be LEO on January 1 2016. They are in the California Law Enforcement Training Academy right now getting everyone certified. Here is a link to back my belief that CHP assists. Where is the link proving that CHP wants nothing to do with CARB?http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/hdvip/bip/bip.htm

7. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    When they ask for your license don't give it to them.

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yeah, I'd like a study done on how much pollution goes up when a truck burns down. Does anyone but me think it is crazy science to have a truck parked for 45 minutes high idling 1000 degree exhaust?

Where do all the dirty DPF filters go after their useful life? Do they just dump them in the landfill?

9. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Quick to make assumptions on my education and where I got it could get you sent back to remedial reading class,in particular the session where reading comprehension was taught.

If you were to read and understand the English language, the very first sentence of your link states: "The Air Resources Board, in cooperation with the California Highway Patrol have proposed regulations establishing inspection protocol..." Now I checked the entire link and the links within, yet nowhere could I find a listing or class schedule for CARB officers to attend or be attending CHP academy now or in the near future. California Law Enforcement Training Academy is not the CHP, it is course section offered to any person wishing to have a POST (Police Officers Standard Training) certificate in their resume. This includes security guards, aka rent a cop, college students striving for a degree in Criminal Justice, and others that might be required to be armed at whatever job they are attempting to apply for.

The other side of the reading comprehension would be regarding my post. I said they are not actual LEO's, they aren't if as you said they are attending these classes now, and I stated that the top cop has stated in several formats that the CHP is nopt an arm of the CA-EPA. Also that CHP does not enforce any law, rule or regulation without the direct authority given (or ordered upon them) from the CA legislature.

I could translate this into Spanish for you if that would help, but I don't speak Spanish, nor do I understand Spanish, and I especially have no desire to learn it. American English will suffice! BTW, my degree from UNR is in English Lit, with my major studies in Business Administration. Along with my AA in EMT-P,and an AA in Mortuary Science. None of which I gained or retained from a CB or a stool at the coffee counter truck stop academy.

Reading comprehension...a wonderful tool to have in your chest!

Rick Brown and driverdriver Thank this.
  10. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior rocking-n-rollin again

Dec 6, 2011
    South West
    Ahhhhhhh Wrong Read this Quote from the Head of CARB mobile enforcement....Carb is not being certified to be LEO... Sorry Guntoter need to get the facts straight cause Otter does Know and hes right.

Paul Jacobs, CARB’s chief of mobile enforcement.
    Truckers typically will see a blue pickup truck with a camper shell parked near a black and white CHP cruiser, Jacobs said. The trucks are unmarked.

“We don’t have flashing lights or anything like that,” he said. “We’re not peace officers. They’re the ones that pull trucks over.”

CHP has enforcement power to require trucks and other vehicles to pull over for inspection without probable cause, Jacobs said. While troopers perform Level I inspections, any of the 12 CARB enforcement officers focused on diesel emissions ensure that trucks and reefers meet air quality regulations.

rachi Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.