CARB

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by JRTBud87, Jul 14, 2015.

1. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Yeah, given the recent controversies surrounding LEO officers, the last thing California needs is some armed tree huggers.

Rick Brown and otherhalftw Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Camelclutch

Camelclutch Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Anaheim, California
    Im sure everyone knows that here in southern California there are hundreds of non complaint trucks running around. This lack of enforcement is keeping our rates lower than ten years ago. Is the trucking industry unable to do math? There are a few things I would like to point out.If the rates are down 25 percent ,and all expenses have doubled, how exactly can we afford to upgrade our trucks? Remove another $2000 a month from my net take home? This isn't an option, work more hours? Also not an option. My truck doesn't leak anything, or smoke .its over 20 years old and im passing new trucks that are smoking piles of crap.My low mile extension/exemption is gone in a few months. BUT Im on jobs with new and old trucks and we are making the same $.If the rates were good it would make sense to upgrade , has the recession trained everyone to work harder for less, and beg for more ?:mad: Wake the eff up guys.We desperately need a raise

4. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Speculation and conversation on a forum won't answer your questions about CARB training to become LEO's. But Ranae Hankins at CARB will tell you all about it....(916) 229-0321. The 178th Basic Law Enforcement Academy Class will graduate in December with about 30 CARB Officers hitting the streets shortly there after.

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Soon there will be videos of truckers tazed, handcuffed thenshot dead for operating dirty emission trucks.

Rick Brown and truckon Thank this.
  6. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Street hawkers selling carb compliance stickers!!!

Read the whole thread, I keep thinking of this o/o I met in New Town ND...He hauls gravel around in a old beat up White cabover from the 70's...averaging 12k a week, owns nothing technical...His CB has fricken vacume tubes..!!!

No real point to make...just trippin on it all

7. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Most of what we do as a nation doesn't make sense. Keystone Pipeline probably won't be built for fear of pollution but watch the oil get used up by China and India in the dirtiest fashion when we could have used it cleanly and efficiently.

rachi and Camelclutch Thank this.
  8. Camelclutch

Jun 19, 2015
    Anaheim, California
    And water.All of these green causes.But does anyone know how much air pollution is caused by a dust bowl.Californians blindly keep spending, wasting water and fuel daily . Bureaucracy at its finest. Soon , when China owns California we can beg to work in a sweat shop or a farm subsidized by them, oh wait WE can't work as cheap.

9. Camelclutch

Jun 19, 2015
    Anaheim, California
    Oh wait we have Mexico to bail us out:D

10. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Have you seen the freeway signs lately in California put up by the farmers? They are so desperate for water they are talking about shipping water in by train tankers. Of course who can blame them, California produces 80% of the entire planet's almonds and growing about 5% acreage a year in almonds which take 1 gallon to produce 1 almond-- currently about a trillion almonds a year.

11. Camelclutch

Jun 19, 2015
    Anaheim, California
    Im sorry, im born and lived here in California my whole life, I've been trucking in southern California for almost 20 years. This place has already been bought and sold. I read in the newspaper a few days ago that all of the state license boards want to do away with verified citizenship for illegals who wish to be licensed in any carreer .Would hate to rile up all the Hispanic voters.What about all of the folks who do things legally. Good luck competing. And CARB behaves exactly the same way. They won't bother with the multi colored freight shakers, only you who is concerned with your reputation and staying in compliance.

rachi and Guntoter Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.