Carolina Cargo - Rock Hill, SC.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by trailboss, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allnite

allnite Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2009
    cedar bluff,al.
    Does carolina cargo run ex hood pete's that are lit up w/chicken lights? I am thinking that CC has been around for a long while and initially thought or reflected back to they may have used a bunch of cabovers back in the day. I am prob wrong. But anyways- i went on by the truck this morning (I59 north b4 I459) and attempted to raise the driver on the cb.NO ANSWER and I was not being a smart as-.
    I had assumed that a company that hires and runs as they do would allow their trucks to breathe a bit.The old cabovers ran well back then if it is the same outfit.
    Perhaps this driver was just easing along-
    EDITED to add: THE MAIN CONTENT.duh. This cc truck was really easing along at about 60 mph,which is what made me notice.large looking cars,lit up,pretty paint,shiny aluminum,etc. and it is only doing about 60 mph.SURELY the company allows a faster roll than that-
    Is there a fuel bonus perhaps?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ccraft03

ccraft03 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2008
    McConnells, SC
    He must be the older brother, I know his younger bro

4. countrycuz

countrycuz Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc
    Nope
    they run columbia freightliners that are governed at 70mph.
    no fancy lights on their banged up trailers.
    their inexperienced drivers are too abusive on their trailers to afford any chicken lights.

5. kickin chicken

kickin chicken Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    Honestly, there is so much competition for any and all jobs. Especially in the trucking industry.

With CDL schools opening up all over the Nation. CDL training has become a profitable industry.
    Now, with the supply and demand these new graduates are faced with the problem of any company giving them their first chance. If this new graduate has a background or MVR problems they will have more trouble getting that first chance with any trucking company.

Employers have more choices available to them. This allows employers to be more particular with who they hire.

This weeds out the drivers that have a background or MVR violation problem from the more pristine ,clean and clear, background.

Employers will lean towards the cleaner background. They will also lean towards experienced drivers.

For a company to seek and solicit ex offenders to drive for them is exploiting these individuals.
    Thus creating a "Rare Breed". Desperate individuals that usually don't have any place,but the truck, to call home. They become dependant on a job for a substandard company.

Carolina Cargo Inc. gets away with paying drivers .10 cents/mi because they prey on the weak.
    This is shameful!!!

The poor ex offender Should not have been accepted into CDL school unless they could be placed with a variety of companies.
    This false hope and cornering of these individuals is taking advantage of the system and making a modern day setting for slavery.

Carolina Cargo Inc offers a second chance to these desperate individuals because no reasonable driver would consider driving for this crazy outfit.

Pharmphail pointed out that his "CDL school even warned his class about this place."
    My school did as well. They actually sent new students home that had a felony of certain charges because of placement problems for the school and the individual.

Carolina Cargo Inc has a school in Linwood, NC, Carolina Driving Institute (CDI), they solicit and prey upon the ex offender. This keeps money in their school and a supply of drivers for their CCI trucks. The student is unaware that other companies will not hire them as easily. They are lured into a career that limits their growth potential.
    There have been numerous complaints and charges brought about by their business practices. Check with the NC DOT and FMCSA.

I have seen grown men sitting in the yard ,at CCI,with their heads down - crying. They had run for so long so hard + committed to the trip to find their pay check raped with deductions. This moved me. I thought that I was hurting or struggling.
    Some of these drivers had their lives ruined.

After several black eyes and knocked out teeth,
    the Safety Director, Lewis L, went back behind the wheel in February 09 for CCI. He quit after his 3 trip turnaround, because of deductions to his pay for:
    Idiling
    Out of Route Miles
    Damaged load

His wife ,Bobbie, is the Human Resources Director. He can't even get a break. It is rumored that she will quit as well.
    They have mislead so many new hires that they should hang their heads in shame. What goes around comes around.
    Karma is a ##*&#!

I have listed several companies that are hiring. Some do hire ex offenders. The "more particular" ones don't.

At least I came up with other solutions than Carolina Cargo Inc.
    Do not try to discredit me.
    Do your homework before you toot that horn of yours.

"For every driver with a headache, there is another with aspirin in their pocket."

KC

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  6. countrycuz

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc
    actually its 11 cents a mile with the on time bonus plus stop pay.
    when the average trip is 5000 plus miles and you know how to handle your money and not blow it on ######,gambling,buffets,its can be a nice paycheck with you not owing any taxes at the end of the year.
    last time I ran for them I made 14 cents a mile for all miles and it came out to 14.50 an hour when you add up the hours that you actually drove the truck.
    if you want to be a trainer you get 500 bucks after the 3trip with the student.
    I know this because I have their top trainer who rents from me.
    He loves it so much he only comes home every three month for 3 to 4 days and hes gone. Maybe you can run into him.
    his handle is Can DO.

7. countrycuz

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc
    I really wish you could come up with real solutions that mean anything.
    none of those companies you mentioned will hire a felon unless its 10 years old,,,20 years old, or never .
    and don't forget that you said you thought you were hurting and struggling.
    Do you have a felony?
    Is that your excuse for hurting and struggling ?
    Maybe you got tickets or accidents?
    I dont have anything on my mvr
    Its how you say "pristine and clean as the driven snow."
    I have a felony but I am not hurting or struggling.
    I have plenty of excuses to be a failure .
    I choose not to be a failure because I do the best I can.
    I have never been late with a load.
    I never lost a load
    I always focus on the mission.
    I cant change the minds of morons who can only see a felony but are blind to all the positive employment history and my personal achievements.
    and my fiance thinks that you are somebody who worked for them and got into trouble and you want to hold your nuts on the company.
    She wants to know how you drive a truck while holding your testicles on CCI

8. kickin chicken

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    Countrycuz, your post contradict each other.
    That was part of your homework assignment. You failed! Crashed, more like it.

In this post you make at the most .13 cents/mi and " have NO felony".
    You just posted on the other Carolina Cargo Inc. Thread, that you make .14 cents/mi and now you DO have a felony.
    Do you even know who you are?

In addition, you have stretched this Coast to Coast round trip to include 1000 miles more than are actually available per trip.
    Making the pay sound competitive.
    The pay per trip averages Gross $200. - $400. Per trip, which is usually over 1 week long if OTR or some local runs that don't accumulate enough miles, plus layovers due to their unorganized CHAOS.

After taxes, deductions for charges for Out of Route Miles, Idiling... You bring home next to nothing. It actually cost the driver to drive for this company.
    The insurance that they do have, changes every 3 mos, is very expensive These weekly insurance dues can accumulate quickly. Putting you in the negative.
    This is a dead end job. It is impossible to run constantly so you can even catch up or accumulate any money. You owe for insurance ... So you keep trying to make that $. Then you discover you just can't, you just keep owing more. Unless you drop the insurance.

This pitiful pay for the work and risk that I had to commit to was ludicrous! That is why/how I struggled and suffered.

I was recruited by the Owner, Jim. He came and smooth talked my class. Gave false hope and promises that would be quickly broken.
    I fell for his pitch.

He sounded just like you. Hmmm! ??? Except, I can't hear you screaming anymore.

This site and especially this forum were designed to help "Our fellow drivers".
    It is not supposed to be used for recruiting.
    I have seen your post on other sites beckoning drivers to contact your web address for more information about CCI.

Thankfully, this site will not let you post recruiting info.

I know that Carolina Cargo pays drivers to recruit drivers. This is how you make $.

I told you that I would block your recruiting efforts.
    You can tell your friend thing that I hope this reduction ,that I cause to your pay, also allows me to C@#K Block them as well. Considering you are failing at your attempts.
    We have been "tit for tat" with our post.
    I will not waste my time on you.
    I joined the Truckers Report to find camaraderie and make friends and hopefully help someone.

I post facts. I am trying to give a heads up warning to other drivers. They can search and research and they will find out that I am correct.

With you hiding behind your handle, the new recruit that you get will not know exactly who at Carolina Cargo Inc. deserves the beat down for misleading them.
    When they find their pay "raped" with unreasonable charges, they will do as all the others have; either sit down and cry, or get into a yelling match w/ Safety, Jim, Dispatch or Human Resources. This is a hostile environment.

You are giving false hope and misleading drivers.
    Be legit or quit!

Oh yes, the old "Lost Trailer Trick". If you employ ex offenders and push them to their limit. Then who is surprised that there are always "Stolen Trailers"? Ha, Ha, Ha!!!

"For every trucker with a headache, there is another with an aspirin in their pocket".

KC

9. kickin chicken

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    Countrycuz, your post contradict each other. That was part of your homework assignment. You failed! Crashed, more like it.

In this post you make at the most .14 cents/mi and " DO have a felony".

You just posted on the other Carolina Cargo Inc. Thread, that you now make .13 cents/mi and DO NOT have a felony. Being that you are "the Salt of the Earth", and evrything.

Do you even know who you are?

In addition, you have stretched this Coast to Coast round trip to include 1000 miles more than are actually available per trip.
    Making the pay sound competitive.
    The pay per trip averages Gross $200. - $400. Per trip, which is usually over 1 week long if OTR or some local runs that don't accumulate enough miles, plus layovers due to their unorganized CHAOS.

After taxes, deductions for charges for Out of Route Miles, Idiling... You bring home next to nothing. It actually cost the driver to drive for this company.
    The insurance that they do have, changes every 3 mos, is very expensive These weekly insurance dues can accumulate quickly. Putting you in the negative.
    This is a dead end job. It is impossible to run constantly so you can even catch up or accumulate any money. You owe for insurance ... So you keep trying to make that $. Then you discover you just can't, you just keep owing more. Unless you drop the insurance.

This pitiful pay for the work and risk that I had to commit to was ludicrous! That is why/how I struggled and suffered.

I was recruited by the Owner, Jim. He came and smooth talked my class. Gave false hope and promises that would be quickly broken.
    I fell for his pitch.
    He sounded just like you. Hmmm! ??? Except, I can't hear you screaming anymore.

This site and especially this forum were designed to help "Our fellow drivers".
    It is not supposed to be used for recruiting.
    I have seen your post on other sites beckoning drivers to contact your web address for more information about CCI.

Thankfully, this site will not let you post recruiting info.

I know that Carolina Cargo pays drivers to recruit drivers. This is how you make $.

I told you that I would block your recruiting efforts.
    You can tell your friend thing that I hope this reduction ,that I cause to your pay, also allows me to C*#K Block them as well. Considering you are failing at your attempts.
    We have been "tit for tat" with our post.
    I will not waste my time on you.
    I joined the Truckers Report to find camaraderie and make friends and hopefully help someone.

I post facts. I am trying to give a heads up warning to other drivers. They can search and research and they will find out that I am correct.

With you hiding behind your handle, the new recruit that you get will not know exactly who at Carolina Cargo Inc. deserves the beat down for misleading them.
    When they find their pay "raped" with unreasonable charges, they will do as all the others have; either sit down and cry, or get into a yelling match w/ Safety, Jim, Dispatch or Human Resources. This is a hostile environment.

You are giving false hope and misleading drivers.
    Be legit or quit!

Oh yes, the old "Lost Trailer Trick". If you employ ex offenders and push them to their limit. Then who is surprised that there are always "Stolen Trailers"? Ha, Ha, Ha!!!

"For every trucker with a headache, there is another with an aspirin in their pocket".

KC

Last edited: May 1, 2009
    oldfox Thanks this.
  10. countrycuz

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc
    you are the one confused sir
    I have not worked for Carolina Cargo since march of 08
    But when I did I made top pay wich is 13 cents a mile plus one cent for on time bonus so I always made 14 cents a mile. I was not a rookie when I went to work for them. I had experience. I made more money because I was dependable.
    Like is I said,I do not work for them now,but if I chose to I could go back when it suits me. right now I drive locally and I go home every night.
    I make 13.25 an hour and my job has lots of benefits.
    I never needed carolina cargos insurance nor the insurance of where I work for now.
    Uncle Sam provides me with health care. I have had lots of trips with carolina cargo that were over 6000 miles. this happens when you take a load to yuma az then go up to salinas ca and come back to baltimore or va. my renters last trip was 6300 miles and he was paid over 700 dollars plus 500 dollars for training pay.that is net not gross.
    he is making more money than I am right now. I dont recall ever saying that i was not an ex felon. why did you even go to work for them in the first place if you could take your pick of companies? you started at ten cents a mile with experience?
    somethings wrong with that picture. I know drivers who have been with CCI for over 5 years. They are content. I believe a job is what you make of it.
    its not how much you make. its what you do with what you make.

11. countrycuz

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc
    let me explain something here
    11 cents is what a student makes out of school with no experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.