Carolina Cargo - Rock Hill, SC.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by trailboss, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    At 13 or 14 cpm aint worth posting for everybody to see cuz. That is shotty at best.

KC if they do indeed charge 25 bucks for dirty equipment they are making a fortune on that alone. I think from the trucks on to trls and drivers are allergic to soap and water
    This company sound outrageous I would love to see them shut down to be honest. With the equipment and drivers that just don't have a clue on trucking etiqit but I reckon they got to learn.

I have been around this industry long e ough to know a shady outfit when I see it, and let me tell ya this is one.

Countrycuz don't know what to say to you other than it must don't take much at all to satisfy you I mean like a laser dot on the wall type slow. Or you are getting some sort of kick back or you work in the office for standing up for these practices.

Has anyone contacted OOIDA on these common crooks?

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. countrycuz

countrycuz Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc
    I would avoid that driver no matter who he worked for.
    I kinda doubt he's driving a truck anymore with those superb driving skills.

4. countrycuz

countrycuz Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc
    for every truck driver, theres 25 more who wish they were truck drivers.

we agree that the layovers are not a good thing.
    thats why I left them for the second time.
    Only because I was valued where I left was welcomed back to my previous job. my advice to anyone is if you can work for another company that pays more and has better benefits,,go there. but if you have no other option in getting otr experience, Carolina Cargo might be your only choice for now.
    dont run out of route . there have been serious abuses at cc by drivers who wanted to unhook their trailers and go into mexico or this other clown who was getting loaded in aiken sc and wanted me to give him my load ahead of him because he had baseball tickets in atlanta and wanted to make it to the game. when I would not agree on that he cussed me out and then he got the bright idea that he would unhook,bobtail to Atlanta and and come back in the morning to aiken. The dispatcher I discovered later caught him heading west and turned his little rear around.
    they hire crumbs that I would never give a chance to. people who lack charactor,integrity,work ethics will crash and burn .

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
  5. kickin chicken

kickin chicken Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    Cuz, you just altered my post in a quote and added all your crap.
    You have been quoting people all day and you can't figure it out all of a sudden and alter what I had said.

You are quite a character.

Shook you up, didn't I

KC

6. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    11 cents isnt' even $300 a week at under 3,000 miles. Lots of companies pay more than that just for the training period.

7. kickin chicken

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    Thank you!

As for the cleaning of the trucks; water is a commodity. Carolina Cargo cut out washing the trucks and trailers, at all,in 2007, when they filed for bankruptcy.
    They kept telling everyone that their pressure washer was broken. Now they stand proud that it is broken. It was/is a cut back.
    Most windshields look like you have hit a Teradactyl!

The inside of tractor is what they charge the driver for.
    This would be alright if they enforced this clean lifestyle. They are so unorganized that they won't check your truck until they are ready. Then you find that they charged you for a truck you had cleaned.
    Worse than that they have the nerve to put you into another truck telling you it has been cleaned.
    I got into a truck one time that had rotten food, #### roaches and some pretty nasty stuff in the bed!
    I had to make a regional P/U so I opened the #### door and threw all that crap out of the truck and took off. I had waited hours on that truck.
    I was hoping and praying that they had serviced part of the truck. I doubt they even looked at it.
    I was so scared that a bug would crawl on me while driving.
    I am not a Prima Donna but ####! This is a brew of disease.

I see that I can join OOIDA on this site. Thanks for the guidance.

I do love trucking. I am content now with my local vendor run. Total difference in my attitude and performance.

KC

"For every trucker with a headache, there is another with an aspirin in their pocket."

8. kickin chicken

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    The average trip or turnaround is always over a week, 8 + days.
    Lots of layovers, dead heading. Where is dispatch? Oh, don't call them after 5:00 or a $25.00 charge. They leave you hanging, trip after trip, this is so retarded.
    Run hard to wait. Charged for idiling, so where do you wait? Lounge chair I guess.
    Maybe pop up tents will start being their norm.

KC
    "For every trucker with a headache, there is another with an aspirin in their pocket."

9. HOLDYOURGROUND

HOLDYOURGROUND Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Hwy, USA
    So my question, to the drivers their??????? Is how could the tolerate this? Welfare would give you more dignity.

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  10. kickin chicken

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    Jim is the owner.

His younger brother,Randolph, is over the Shop.
    He is a pretty cool guy. (the good one)

Sorry about the delay.

KC

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  11. oldfox

oldfox Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Oxford,Ga.
    Carolina Cargo,
    If you quit da thugs, you won't work. Someone else has got to know about them. I know I'd rather not drive, than wind up in jail.:biggrin_2551:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.