Cascadia 2008 vibration-bouncing issue (cant sleep on the road!!)

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Emilie6566, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Techtim

Techtim Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Yeah drive line can do it. Sometimes even a wheight falls off and you have to get it balanced again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lobos

lobos Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2015
    my cascadia 2011 have wear problem move side to side
    and I chain from spring,king pin,chok,torke arm,tired,from ganger bushing,
    gearbox,ti rod, aligment 3 time,balace tired,and nothing work,need help please
    to get 'it fix

4. monaco

monaco Bobtail Member

May 12, 2014
    I have the same #### problem. That passenger side cabinet had been shacking from the day one. And I got a truck only with 18miles on it. Have no idea what to do . That sound makes me sick.
    Any ideas ??
    Thanks!!

5. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    That little panel at the top comes off be careful you don't break the pins I just pull out the same way you pull off the door panel in car. Its easier to get to the bolts this way.
    My previous crapcadia it was the drivers side had to re tighten once a week.

6. Many

Many Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2018
    The problema
    You need to slide the fifth wheel to center the load between the rear axles.
    I was pulling a dry van and when I switch to a step deck my truck start bouncing like crazy... till I move the fifth wheel.

7. Komputergod

Komputergod Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2018
    That’s not even close to being the truth! The reason why those trucks you mentioned are so expensive is because some guys like the chrome and side air cleaners! Supply and demand is what they call it! Some like the CAT engines and those trucks are becoming harder to find by the day. Freightliner Trucks are work trucks...light and fuel efficient. That’s why I bought one! I get great fuel mileage and it doesn’t shake or rattle! I go through the whole truck and tighten bolts so if you take good care of it the truck will take care of you! I just recently put Centramatics on the steers and I am getting an even better ride now. If you want to make money and not interested in all the chrome, lights and other bells and whistles the choice is obvious!

8. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    If your such a kompurtgod can you please explain why your trying to talk to someone that hasn't posted on this tread or even this site in years.

9. Clinton1978

Clinton1978 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2015
    I know this is a very old thread, but I was having the same issue with vibrations going down the road. Search YouTube for “Freightliner Cascadia excessive vibrations” and “Freightliner Cascadia after tru-balance installation. The videos are before and after it was fixed. It was absolutely impossible to sleep while the codriver was driving. It is a 2016 Freightliner Cascadia. I can’t guarantee this will fix everyone’s vibration issues, but it fixed mine.

10. Always on top

Always on top Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2018
    That's right, all freight pays the same. You don't get payed more cause you drive an expensive truck. It's a work truck. When I want comfort I get in my 2019 C43 AMG or look out my window with a ocean view. I'm not trying to look good in pissy truck stop. I'm sorry.

11. vics stuff

vics stuff Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2018
    I have a 2000 Century and it vibrated also , until I replaced all the truck and trailer shocks and my drive shaft carrier bearing .
    Vic

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.