Cascadia cruise not working.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by ethos, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Intact Transport

Intact Transport Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I just picked up a 2012 cascadia and the cruise and jakes don't work. The on guard doesn't work. Where do j start?

2. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    The problem I had with my new one was that they weren't turned on. You have to get the shop to turn them on with the computer.

3. Griffinator

Griffinator Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Denver, CO
    When the sensor gets caked with snow and ice, or just randomly the on guard shuts off. Turn the cruise on and off 3 times and it should work. I have to do that all the time.

4. Anatoli70

Anatoli70 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2020
    I just got a 2020 Cascadia. Had two fleet maintenance shops try to get cruise working. Worked for a few hours and dead again. Keep getting shut driver door or engage parking break light & warning signal everytime I stop. Yellow caution light indicating close driver door comes in periodically while driving. My foot is tired.

5. TheSquatch

TheSquatch Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Utah
    I have noticed that the CC stops working at random in most every freightliner I have driven the past few years starting in the 2016 models my self. I am currently driving a 2020 and my CC stopped work again right after having my interaxle fixed.

Normally I can just turn the truck off for 5 minutes and then turn it back on and the CC works again. Though today I had to stop the truck and turn it off and then do a key reset on it (I think its called a soft reset). This is where you turn the truck off and then turn the key to the Run position and back to the Off position 6 times leaving it in the Run position the 6th time. This fixed it for me today.

Turn the key to the Off position and count to 10 then, Run, Off, Run, Off, Run, Off, Run, Off, Run, Off, Run and count to 10 then start the truck. Should work now. Good luck. I hope this helps someone. This can also help reset some basic error codes.

6. Drewstruckin

Drewstruckin Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2023
    Ok I ran into the same problem I used optimum idle with my battery a/c Espar heater wake up turn the key off to reinitiate the computer start truck take off no cruise control for 2-3 hrs then it would work again…I left the truck stop no cruise control again couple hours it was working again I was on my way to Freightliner to get it looked at so I wondered is it because I didn’t actually turn off the optimized idle and cab comfort… so I stopped to redo the procedure mentioned above… no cruise again! Stopped again within 10 miles ré-enabled the whole optimized idle again… but this time I went back in a hit the bottom setting which said disable all… cruise control worked!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.