Cascadia doser valve problems

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by centralmi, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    Shouldn't get any chunks in the lines since there is a filter right next to the DEF pump. Filter should be changed every 200k miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Home_on_wheels

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    Well , apparently, the doser valve I'm talking about is different from the one you are talking about.

My doser valve is the valve that injects fuel into the exhaust stream prior to the DOC and DPF.

You are talking about the DEF injector. Big difference. But this is what I get for trying to help. Good luck with the problem.

4. Home_on_wheels

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    Calm down duddie, don't get your panties all In a wad. Just because you've had a truck for 5 years doesn't mean they know anything about a truck. And quoting an OEM tech means absolutely nothing to me. They are trained to take as much money from you as possible.

5. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

The problem is as I have seen it; alot (not all don'get butt-hurt) of techs plug in the laptop, pull codes, replace part. They don't know why. Service Mgr on their arse to perform.....repeat as necessary. Theory and common sense ignored in exchange for profitability. Insist, yes talk to the owner if need be, on putting the BEST DIAGNOSTITION they have on the job. Or, go elsewhere.

exracer941 Thanks this.
  6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Could be a fuel supply/ pressure problem to the Doser block/valve, could be it is getting contaminated with coolant from the engine or excessive soot due to EGR valve problem. Catching the codes would help.

7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Do you idle?

Cledus Snow Thanks this.
  8. exracer941

exracer941 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    He's probably one of those guys who idles all the time....................:p. Right buddy?

9. Cledus Snow

Cledus Snow Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
    In my opinion this is a huge reason why so many have problems with def systems. I go to the oc and so many are idling. I turn my truck off every time I stop. At the guardshacks, fuel, drop and hooks ect.. I have read so much how this gives problems and I'm going to see if it affects me.

I don't know if it's true, but I had a service writer tell me that if you have got some miles in your truck, your idle percentage sometimes affects whether or not they will warranty emission problems.

Scott72 Thanks this.
  10. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    @Belials
    Belials,does Cummin or Paccar look at idle % for warranty?

11. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

So....you spend $150K+...pay for a warrantee......and then get "restrictions " on the use of said vehicle. IF...the truck was manufactured in Kommifornicatiounula (whew) I'd believe it. As I understand,Cascadias are assembled in Mehico, y transportado de la Ustados Unidos para vendado.
    Yeah...my español sucks....but y'all get it.
    Certainly saw a WHOLE LOT DECKED, heading "el norte" on my only trip to Laredo.
    I'd have a serious talk about the details re; warantee coverage.
    C'mon....lighten up!.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.