Cascadia doser valve problems

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by centralmi, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I'm a big believer in idling causing issues also. I rarely ever idle and knock on wood have had great luck with both my dd15's.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. exracer941

exracer941 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    How many miles and how many idle gallons do you currently have? I'm at 108k miles and 374 idle gallons.

4. Cledus Snow

Cledus Snow Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
    When I got this truck it had a lot of idle hours. But right now I'm at 51k miles and 38.5 gallons. And I would guess it was around 30-32 gallons when I got it.

5. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Oops. I'm in trouble. Lol. I've been idling my truck every night since my apu went out. Can't ever get it in to be fixed. I guess this has been going on for about 2 months now.

exracer941 Thanks this.
  6. free2frog

free2frog Medium Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I idle my truck every night if needed to stay cool as my Idle free system has worked 5 hrs total in the 9 months i have had this P.O.S and thats with being repaired 3 times and losing 7 days, Dumping this junk in November

7. Belials

Belials Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Woopsies. Major delay in my response. My apologies.

I don't believe either vendor looks at idle time. I know that Paccar does not, but I can't recall whether or not Cummins does - however I don't believe so. If Cummins did look at idle time it would be because of a major, major repair. Otherwise they never even see the ECM images and won't get to see the idle % regardless.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  8. LarryK

LarryK Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I assume from your comment that your rig is a late year navistar engine that doesn't use DEF?

9. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Why assume that? Every truck that has a DPF filter has a doser valve to spray fuel into the exhaust stream. That's how they regen. The nozzle that sprays DEF fluid into the SCR stage of the exhaust system is also called a doser, but when the OP said the dealer had replaced the doser block that suggests to me it's a DPF issue, not DEF.

The advise to just run with it and see if the code goes away is bad advise. If the doser is blocked the ECM will not turn it on. If the doser doesn't run the system will not generate enough heat to regen the DPF filter. It's just a matter of time before you get the parked regen request light. But a parked regen will not work either, for the same reason.

If you want to invest in a USB-LINK and a copy of the DDDL software there is a Doser Purge service routine you can try. That may make the fault code go inactive, which would allow you to force a parked regen. That can sometimes clear up a clogged doser valve problem. In your case though I doubt it since you've already installed a new doser valve once.

Twenty six replies on this thread so far and we still don't know what the exact fault code is.

Home_on_wheels Thanks this.
  10. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    Negative, 2012 Cummins with DPF/DEF.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.