Cascadia...

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by racemaxx24, Aug 7, 2015.

1. T-RIX

T-RIX Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I work on my radio setup all the time. I drilled the aluminum mirror mount to fit the holes at the top of the passenger door on my 2013 Cascadia midroof. Ran a heavy ground to the grab handle on the windshield pillar. Grounded my peaked and tuned 29 and in line meter running 18 feet of Wilson super mini 8 to a top loaded Wilson Flex 4 antenna. Antenna height is 12'10" standing straight up and SWR is dead flat across the band after tuning. I get "loud and clear" radio checks from 5 to 8 miles out consistently.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

For those of you running on the factory antennas, do NOT run above stock power levels! There is a splitter in the line that also feeds the stereo. This splitter can't handle high power. It'll burn out, and you'll have the problem that the OP has.

FYI, stock power is fine for talking to the guard shack at the shipper/receiver, or finding out what lane is open at the accident, which is all that about 99% of drivers use a CB for.

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  4. Neverready

Neverready Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    My 5.5 Francis antenna only lasted about a month and half. This was tilted forward with no extra support. It broke at the base where the fiberglass is inserted into the metal base. It worked well right up to when it broke.

5. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    You must have a fast truck. My Francis 5.5 did fine for several months with no support, ended up giving it to another of our drivers who needed an antenna sometime after I got the Monkey-Made.

6. Neverready

Neverready Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    No, not very fast. maybe running northeast has an effect, bouncing thru the potholes causes antenna to swing in all directions.

7. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    The 6' Skipshooter blows around a lot on my truck, especially at 70-72. Guess time will tell, especially when winter rolls in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.